Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well wanting a house more then anything right now, so wanting to save has had me just cruising the internet again.

M90 project would be great. but to get the HP numbers I wont its gonna take a hand full of mods, custom work, and be a big PITA. Really excited to see how it works out for Gaetz!!!

But ive been hounded by tons of guys to buy a procharger and slap it on.

Used kit for 1800 + injectors + MAF + Tune.
I could buy this right now ...

As for as a supercoupe engine. Im still looking for one... none seem to be around :(

Basically I have all the mods to make the PC work great on my current setup.
Run it around 11#s and use about a 50 shot for getting out of the hole.
Bam I have a damn good set up.
Very street friendly.

But roots will pretty much be throwing away 90% of what I already have done. Will tkae much more $$$. And be much harder to do...

Decisions decisions.

I would atleast like to set close to the power range im making on my 100 shot (320/350)

I feel I could easily reach that with 11#s atleast the hp maybe not tq. But a 50 shot would go very well with that.

M90. Not so much. 320hp might end up with 380-400tq. Wouldn't want much more tq on a stock drivetrain. Plus a 3200 stall might not be so friendly with that. But 3200 will go great with the PC.

But I enjoy having such a "rare" car. Not many people build these things. So doing the M90 would be 10x more rewarding personally then a PC. And would have that sick ass scream :D

I just dont know what to do.

Opinions ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
My thoughts would be that the roots style system would produce better torque in your lower RPM range and the Procharger would breathe better in your Upper RPM range. Also with the Procharger you would have more room to grow with, (being able to upgrade to larger headunits) assuming it's a P1 head unit you would be going with. In short the roots setup would be great for a street car and the Procharger setup would produce better ET's/Power, just my opinion on the two options. Seems tho the best way to make power with good street manners on our engines would to go turbo and I hate to say that in this thread since thats not the topic... And yes SC cars/motors are hard to come by in this area I try to check frequently, if I see anything nearby I will be sure to let ya know.

·
Registered
928 Posts
why is it that roots would be throwing away 90% of what youve done?not sure if m112 is even a thought in your head but the guy I just sold my kit to is now selling it includes everything but fuel pump injectors and adapter plate and I also have my meth kit up for grabs. It was a real fun set up for the street but it just felt a little impractical hopefully my v1 will be worth the swap

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Id say go Centri. If you have the money and theres a kit grab it up. Im making 320ish at the crank with my vortech at only 8-9lbs. And theres no lack of low range power with the 3200 stall.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
A guy in town has a sixxxer with a p1sc, cam and gears. I've seen it run. Its not slow.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Id say go Centri. If you have the money and theres a kit grab it up. Im making 320ish at the crank with my vortech at only 8-9lbs. And theres no lack of low range power with the 3200 stall.
remember what i told you mike about the lack of low end and having a stall..... floor it with a stall and she will take off.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What is comparison (time wise) for the the PC and the Roots?

I know your a supercharger Guy. that being said you Love Mods. After doing the M90 the only other things you could do is MPX(Expensive) or Turbo(Expensive) after that. When I was doing my scavenging, I found that There are possibilities after you max out the M90 and they are major gains. Supercoupe is not a cheap way

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol
And my nitrous isn't ?

W/ SC really only things I can keep are exhaust and cam. All new port work will be needed etc etc

Basically be starting from scratch plus all the custom work you have to get done to make it work ...

But it really would be 10x cooler to have an m90. But pratical and race use would lean towards PC...

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
because he would need single port heads...
new lower intake
etc...

Procharger makes the most sense, that cam will have fun with it :D

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
mike i say you forget everything and finally go turbo lol

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
Dude....that power out of the hole is why I went the way I went.. I couldve built a v8 or anything else every numb weiner around has...but my m90 swapped car... Im not seeing but one other new edge in the country after a year of hard research...and its LS powedered now.. And lol $1800... I dont have $500 in the thing... Half of that you can consider not even out of my pocket because I sold and traded so many parts that came off my car to do the swap... I understand both sides...thats just why I went that route..

And sc setup..hit up tangstang.. He has a few.. Frieght cant be that bad

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
And sc setup..hit up tangstang.. He has a few.. Frieght cant be that bad
I do have a few complete SC engines here, and I would be willing to sell one, but I no longer do freight shipments. It has just been too much hassle in the past.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts