Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a Paxton SC and love it. I currently have 4.10s and while I have loved them in my NA days, they are a hand full now with the SC. It pulls off just fine in 2d but 1st is almost unusable. Many have given me great advice on going back to stock gears. I am about to pull the trigger on some gear change but still not sure what ratio. Who out there actually has a centrifugal SC and is running 3.55 or 3.73 gears. How do you like your set up and would you recommend it. Thanks.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Not sure I am qualified because I do not have the knowledge most everyone else has here but I have a very good friend who just purchased an 06 Saleen, SC'd of course, with 3.55's. Pulls like nothing I have ever seen but then again I haven't seen much

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I recently installed a Paxton SC and love it. I currently have 4.10s and while I have loved them in my NA days, they are a hand full now with the SC. It pulls off just fine in 2d but 1st is almost unusable. Many have given me great advice on going back to stock gears. I am about to pull the trigger on some gear change but still not sure what ratio. Who out there actually has a centrifugal SC and is running 3.55 or 3.73 gears. How do you like your set up and would you recommend it. Thanks.
How's that s/c working out for you. Staying out of trouble

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Not sure I am qualified because I do not have the knowledge most everyone else has here but I have a very good friend who just purchased an 06 Saleen, SC'd of course, with 3.55's. Pulls like nothing I have ever seen but then again I haven't seen much
that's a roots style s/c though. the paxton is a centrifugal.

·
Registered
92 Posts
ive got 4.10s and im goin back to 3.55s. your right, 1st gear is useless and a pain in the ass

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Come down to 3.73's, I have the same issues now with my 4.10's, dancing all over the street.

If your planning on using the car at the drag strip, with a stock height tire, 3.73's will put you through the traps at the top of 4th gear. On 3.55's you'll be middle of 4th and not making max power with that centri..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts