Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had their mustang Ceramic coated yet? Im dropping mine off This weekend for some Croftgate ceramic coating..

Would like to see some before and after PICS, I am told Croftgate Ceramic is really good stuff and lasts for years.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I have seen cars that has had this done and it looks good from a distance but every job I've seen had swirl marks that I couldn't live with on my car. Most the guys that had it done told me they still waxed the car so what is the point was my very next question.

Let us know what you think of it.

·
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are alot of aftermarket products that dont work worth a crap, the stuff im having done is a certified dealer only product that you cant buy online.. Ill post some before and after PICS of the car when he gets done with it.. Im having the front bumper repainted as well because I messed it up by accident. It goes in Saturday and should be out in a week..

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm still not sold on the ceramic coating. I had paint protection done on my 2016 Challenger but the Ford Dealership I bought my 2001 Bullitt didn't offer anything like that at the time.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Some of the videos and other post from different sites suggest that it is great to have. The video I have seen showed it almost indestructible and it should help with nicks and scratches. I'll look more into once I get closer to getting my car painted.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Had a friend do it to his Range Rover. I haven't inspected it, but I have seen it and it looks the same, clean and bright. I guess only time will tell if its worth it.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its a protective coating that goes over the existing paint. Supposedly its supper hard, and will protect your paint better than clear coat. I personally haven't looked into the price but I believe your looking at $1000 - $2000.

·
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Prices are around here are 400-700//

·
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It snowed and there is salt and gravel all over the roads so I couldn't get the car over there. Should be getting it there in the next couple days definitely by this weekend.

·
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looking forward to hearing what your take on it is.

Looks like it'll be going to the shop tonight, Hit 64 today so should be done in a couple days from what I was told..

·
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good stuff man I hope it turns out well be sure you have good before pics.
Will do

Last night I went to take the car over and they pushed my appointment again So needless to say I was not happy as I wanted this done already.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts