Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to order myself some headers because i have a hole in one of them (as it turns out ssstang was right it was an exhause leak and not a lifter) but should i go with ceramic or crome i need OPINIONS like now please i would appreciate it

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
virginia wont pass my inspection with l/ts

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
ceramic keeps the heat in the header better which makes exhaust scavenging more efficient

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
get ceramic short tubes or just 1998 stock v6 headers. better yet, invert the headers and buy a turbo

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea if i had the money for that maybe but i tried to find someone

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
only if i still had a welder and some money for some cats

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
only if i still had a welder and some money for some cats

do you have a check engine light? if so make it go away and find a rink-i-dink shop to inspect

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
ok how about this: buy the ceramic LTs and the matching o/r h-pipe. buy some cheap cats from summitracing and have a muffler shop fab the o/r h-pipe into a catted h-pipe.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how about i just gut the hell out of my cats when i take my exhaust off friday when my headers get here

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
how about i just gut the hell out of my cats when i take my exhaust off friday when my headers get here
that won't pass, and how r u gana gut it if u don't have a welder.

·
Banned
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a crow bar

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ok that is gana sound like ****, and a dubm idea imo. i highly dought that u will get evry part of the cat out so hence the shity sound, it will ratle like hell.
also they test emistions with a computer and it will read that the cats r not doing there job, so u will fail.
and finaly i took all mine off then put high flow one in. i got $110 for my stock cats. that was about the same as my high flow ones cost, so other then the install u will justabout brake even, and have better praforming, sounding, and legal set up.

·
Shake N' Bake
5,698 Posts
i dont see why everyone on this site pushes long tubes so much, if he cant get them then he cant get them...to me longtubes would not be worth the trouble of fabbing cats in...its not like long tubes on a v6 make or break the car performance wise...just get shortys, ceramic if u can afford them, or im sure u can find some OEM ones from someone for cheaper

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ok that is gana sound like ****, and a dubm idea imo. i highly dought that u will get evry part of the cat out so hence the shity sound, it will ratle like hell.
also they test emistions with a computer and it will read that the cats r not doing there job, so u will fail.
and finaly i took all mine off then put high flow one in. i got $110 for my stock cats. that was about the same as my high flow ones cost, so other then the install u will justabout brake even, and have better praforming, sounding, and legal set up.
the computer only reads if they use a sniffer

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Go Ceramic. I agree long tubes are too much trouble. VA are real bitches about exhaust. However, where are you in VA cuz I know a place in town that'll pass ya.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts