Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure many of you have a certified pre owned mustang,

I was wondering does it void anything if i add a axel back exhaust or cat back cold air intank ?

i just had a cel come on and my mustang only has 33k miles on it. Ended up being a bad fuel pump. I dont want them saying they are not going to honor the warranty because i added something..

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Exhaust and a CAI have nothing to do with a fuel pump. Should be a problem at all. BTW welcome to Modded Mustangs 06~Inferno

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply but i might have not worded my question correctly.

If you add a cai or a axleback or any exhaust, does it void your certified pre own warranty.

i was wondering if either of those would void the warranty. im looking into adding these. I recently had a cel light come on and that it was pretty awkward to have something wrong with a car with 33k miles. So i want make sure the dealer doesnt give me any crap since i still have the warranty.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I have both. CAI and Pypes Catback system. So far I haven't had any issues with warranty. But then again, I only take it in when it's something I can't correct.

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
lets say your warranty does get voided... it only voids that one part of your car.. and when you need to take your car back in to dealer.. just put the stock air filter and muffler back.. should not be real simple

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I've had to go to the dealer with some warrenty covered problems, and everything has been fixed with no problems. Also your warrenty has already expired probably, unless you have an extended warrenty or something, it's 3 years, 36k miles. My warrenty expired because my car was built in March 2006, even though I only have 34k miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts