Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i dont drive a focus but i do help mod sc55509. but its my turn for some mods lol.

Anyways i just bought a CF hood and it has some hazing. I am unsure if it has made it through the clear coat or not but was wondering if yall have any recommendations on how to get rid of the haze or any cleaning advice i should have for it.

thanks in advance.

Tom-E

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
CF hoods should be clear coated, so you can treat it just like any regular body part.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ thank you. Ive never had anything carbon fiber and im making my focus my DD and an autocross car.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Just make sure if using a rotary dont go as fast as doing the correction as you would on a metal painted panel treat it like a plastic panel, keep the rpms lower and easy up on the pressure.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Just make sure if using a rotary dont go as slow doing the correction as you would on a metal painted panel treat it like a plastic panel
Don'y go as slow as you would on a metal panel? So your saying go FASTER than a metal panel?

I think you meant to say go slower than you would on a metal panel... right?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Don'y go as slow as you would on a metal panel? So your saying go FASTER than a metal panel?

I think you meant to say go slower than you would on a metal panel... right?
what I dont know what your talking about Justin:D Just messing with yes your right I worded that wrong, I had to go edit that posting thanks for correcting that.:yes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts