Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to detailing and truly a beginner, ordering my first ever wax, wash, v7 hybrid, and misc other items today from CG. Is there any sort of coupon code given out that I could get ahold of? i'd love to lower the $80 price tag, or at least get free shipping (if that's not already offered by them, because I haven't read anything yet.)

Thanks! New thread coming soon when I get products and when I do the first detail my car has ever seen.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough, even with no coupon, they're cheaper than the same CG products on other sites.. lol

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
Handz where you at? They have some great products. Definitely get the grit guards for the buckets. and use the two bucket system. Best investment I ever made. For any kind of microfiber towels, I prefer Mother's. If you go here 25 for 12 isn't a bad deal really given the quality of the towel.
https://store.mothers.com/product_info.php?products_id=246&cPath=13

Don't forget to clay bar the car before applying any wax.

I've tried their v7, but as a quick detailer I'd look into something like
Pink Quick Detail Spray and Clay Lube with Carnauba
or
Express Wax Carnauba the fastest wax for shine

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
id recommend the pink over v7 just for the anti static properties. i like v7 dont get me wrong makes a crazy good luber to in a bind. and seems to just add something but with the pollen in fla my gfs car was nearly covered in pollen within 2 days of a full detail.

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
id recommend the pink over v7 just for the anti static properties. i like v7 dont get me wrong makes a crazy good luber to in a bind. and seems to just add something but with the pollen in fla my gfs car was nearly covered in pollen within 2 days of a full detail.
I would have to agree. Seen many reviews and this seems to be a reoccurrence . I'd say get the pink as well just for the anti static.

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
Join the Chemical Guys Facebook group!!! They always have good deals on there. Phat discounts.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
which are you referring to then as the pink? and i am getting grit guards and whatnot, i have already been properly informed on what to get lol. I was using the v7 as my "sealant" for beginning detailing, as recommended by someone on my other post a little bit back, and the quick detailer from Meguiars clay bar kit for my QD instead of buying an extra one?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe since that is so cheap (the pink, i found it btw..) I'll use that as my finishing touch on top of the xxx wax and the xxx wax would go on top of the v7 to use it as my sealant?

Or i could buy the pink as the QD/finishing touches stuff and use an actual sealant on the car since it would be the same price as the v7 (except jet seal, which i can't afford to add on..)

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
which are you referring to then as the pink? and i am getting grit guards and whatnot, i have already been properly informed on what to get lol. I was using the v7 as my "sealant" for beginning detailing, as recommended by someone on my other post a little bit back, and the quick detailer from Meguiars clay bar kit for my QD instead of buying an extra one?
CG speedwipe.

Dont use V7 as a stand alone sealant, use it as a wipedown drying aid after washes.

You dont really have to have a sealant, just do 1 or 2 coats of XXX, its a GREAT wax for the money.

Maybe since that is so cheap (the pink, i found it btw..) I'll use that as my finishing touch on top of the xxx wax and the xxx wax would go on top of the v7 to use it as my sealant?

Or i could buy the pink as the QD/finishing touches stuff and use an actual sealant on the car since it would be the same price as the v7 (except jet seal, which i can't afford to add on..)
To be honest just get the Pink as your QD for wipedowns and drying aid. That will do fine. V7 does offer some protection but i would not use it as a stand alone sealant under a wax.

To be honest man a sealant is not really required. You are just starting out. Just stick with wax until you learn more, and if you wanna do a sealant later, its a simple as ordering one after you research which you think it best. Sealants mostly just boost the durability and protection. XXX is a great wax and its very cheap so its no big deal to reapply after 2-3 months until you learn more about sealants and if you wanna use one.

On a daily driver i would recommend use of a sealant but as long as you keep your wax coat freshened up every couple months youll be fine until you build up some more money to blow on detailing :) lol

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, my order was some Cg speedwipe, xxx wax, a gallon of citrus wash and gloss (figured a gallon is a better deal anyways, and i'll use that for washing regardless of if i continue to do the detailing aspect of it) and the necessary foam applicator pads, microfiber wipe-off towels, and waffle weave drying towel, along with grit guards, micro-fiber wash mitt, 2 5-gallon buckets, and the meguiars clay bar kit! Set for a beginning trial?

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
Alright, my order was some Cg speedwipe, xxx wax, a gallon of citrus wash and gloss (figured a gallon is a better deal anyways, and i'll use that for washing regardless of if i continue to do the detailing aspect of it) and the necessary foam applicator pads, microfiber wipe-off towels, and waffle weave drying towel, along with grit guards, micro-fiber wash mitt, 2 5-gallon buckets, and the meguiars clay bar kit! Set for a beginning trial?
That's a really good start. Have you used the xxx before? I'm excited to get it and try it out myself. Especially for the price. You are going to LOVE that wash and gloss. +1 on that. You only have to use a cap every wash lol.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Havent used any wax every before, new to all this, but XXX was on a good deal ($20) and it had a great review on a side-to-side test.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
hahah 22 cents over the mark. Way to go Sonic lol

I would sub the interior cleaner and odor remover unless the person really needs it. get more MFs or something. lol. My car smells like the day i bought it. Vanillaroma :)

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
see people say that, that have never used a cg air freshener, pick one up and you'll be thoroughly impressed
and of course in son1c fashion :D
naw man im in love with vanillaroma, i dont have it in my car, its kind of just become part of the interior, and because my doors only open once or twice a week the slight vanilla mixes with the factory leather to make the most authentic smelling new car smell. I mean my car really smells new lol.

CG honeydew air freshener probably smells really good.

PS. what was your mustang wearing in this pic^

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
is that a tree freshener or?
yeah I bet
that's petes 53 topped with v7
yea its the yellow tree. Ive never been a fan of those but When i bought my mach 1 the PO had them in there, it was really strong at first, once it wears off and mixes with the leather its an amazing smell. It doesnt smell like a freshener it just smells like a clean new car. Everyone who gets in my mach 1 is like OMG YOUR CAR SMELLS AMAZING. because its not overwhelming, its just good.

I put a fresh one in there like once every couple months. I may check out CG's leather or new car smell, they are supposed to be super good.

PS. Pete's topped with v7 looks good in your pic. Try jetseal under petes looks ridiculous.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
yea its the yellow tree. Ive never been a fan of those but When i bought my mach 1 the PO had them in there, it was really strong at first, once it wears off and mixes with the leather its an amazing smell. It doesnt smell like a freshener it just smells like a clean new car. Everyone who gets in my mach 1 is like OMG YOUR CAR SMELLS AMAZING. because its not overwhelming, its just good.

I put a fresh one in there like once every couple months. I may check out CG's leather or new car smell, they are supposed to be super good.

PS. Pete's topped with v7 looks good in your pic. Try jetseal under petes looks ridiculous.
:no
I'm not a fan of jetseal
but thanks! I loved the look petes brought to my paint, definitely made a difference in depth and wetness, great durability but you already know these things
lol thats good man, if you like green apple, then you'd love my car smell :lol
mothers fx leather care brings such a strong leather smell to your car you'd think you used a freshener as well, i made the mistake of green appling same day I treated the leather, funky green apple leather smell lol, live and learn!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts