Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I decided to just start making individual threads so that more people are likely to see the product reviews I've done. I'll also post them on my other main thread as well.

So after restoring my buddies two vehicles headlights... I decided to go about another way of cleaning pads. Both pads had TONS of buildup which came off both sets of headlights. The pics don't really do it justice, but lets just say I've never seen the pads get this dirty and caked up. Even after my last correction on my Stang.

Instead of using soap and water I decided to try about an ounce of MFW with the two pads (one orange BnS and one green BnS) as well as a foam applicator pad (I had used Colonite 845 on the headlights).

I was quite happy with how easilly the gunk and wax came off of the applicator pad and the foam pads. I let them soak in warm water mixed with an ounce of MFW. I then maniuplated the foam with my fingers and the gunk came RIGHT out of the pads. Unlike before, where it took me FOREVER to get everything out, the stuff just rinsed out perfectly, first try!

Here's some pics:

All of the nasty buildup taken off the headlights and the leftover 845 floating :naughty:

End result:

I had used the Microfiber wash in conjunction with my last load of MF towels in the wash. I decided to "pre-soak" the towels before throwing them in the wash. I also used the CG MFW (microfiberwash) in the wash cycle as well.

I honestly didn't see a huge difference in washing with CG's MFW compared to my All Clear detergent I use regularly.

I honestly wouldn't buy the CG MFW for washing MF's in itself. But I will definitely keep it stocked for quickly and easilly cleaning all of my correction pads and my foam app pads!

Hope you guys can benefit from this quick review! :)

-Blink

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
The big difference youll see is how long your MFs last over time and how lenty they get. CG MF wash is most likely alot more gentle chemically to your MFs. I use CG MF wash to wash my MFs and ive used allclear detergents as well.

As far as your pads go, id just use Dawn or an APC, dawn works REALLY well because itll get wax/sealant out of a finishing pad which is really hard to wash.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya we shall see, I haven't given up on the idea.

I found the CG MFW to work much better than APC or Dawn (I have used both) it melts away basically anything in your pads. This is just from my experience, not saying you are wrong or anything!

-Blink

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shower beers for the win!

Appreciate it man... haha

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Ya we shall see, I haven't given up on the idea.

I found the CG MFW to work much better than APC or Dawn (I have used both) it melts away basically anything in your pads. This is just from my experience, not saying you are wrong or anything!

-Blink
Clean your pads right after you use them, thats the key man. If you let it dry then youll obviously need something kinda strong lol.

I hit my pads right after use with a couple sprays of CG allclean, let it sit for a couple miinutes, then use a little dawn to wash it all out. Melts out, takes me about 30-60 seconds per pad to clean them.

CG pad cleaner is AWESOME for the record tho. lol if you wanna check that out, its also dilutable.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clean your pads right after you use them, thats the key man. If you let it dry then youll obviously need something kinda strong lol.

I hit my pads right after use with a couple sprays of CG allclean, let it sit for a couple miinutes, then use a little dawn to wash it all out. Melts out, takes me about 30-60 seconds per pad to clean them.

CG pad cleaner is AWESOME for the record tho. lol if you wanna check that out, its also dilutable.
Ya I usually do... however, I wasn't at my house when using the pads, I kept them soaked with water until I got back to my place.

I may check out their pad cleaner... but for now I am good on products! :baller:

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Ive found with pads, it doesnt take a special cleaner, i like dawn, much cheaper, i may predilute some in a spray bottle for my pads.

I wish CG sold their 16oz spray bottles empty....maybe they do.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya dawn works... I just felt the CG MFW worked faster and easier than dawn did.

I used hardly anything in the small bowl I used to wash the pads. Maybe a capful of MFW was used.

I'll continue to use it on the towels as well and see how they do.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I used to use ALL free and clear, idk how those stain fighters and stuff affect MFs

Probably wont hurt tho.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Honestly just got them out. It didn't do ****
Which forces you do USE MORE soap, which is what tears up your MFs over time, lol.

Ill be getting a gallon of some kind of MF soap soon i think. CGs probably.

CGs mf soap is on DC man, get some.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
If you knew how much i pay for a 16oz of MF wash....youd ****. haha

Talk to your woman make it happen.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Next week then....lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts