Modded Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ruff week at work so didn't get a chance to work on buttoning up motor but did clean up C&G hot side and paint it with some VHT paint. I had my old on3 hot side wrapped not sure I'm going to wrap this one.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Got 3 years of dust cleaned off it.

Got the glenns tank sumped snd fuel system installed

Wanted to run both filters one pre pump and the other imeaditly after pumps but there wasn't enough room could only get the prepump one installed. I will have to find a smaller filter

·
13,577 Posts
Ruff week at work so didn't get a chance to work on buttoning up motor but did clean up C&G hot side and paint it with some VHT paint. I had my old on3 hot side wrapped not sure I'm going to wrap this one.
is that stainless or mild steel?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
is that stainless or mild steel?
Mild steel but the exhaust flange is stainless

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Looking good.
Thanks question did you run 2 separate boost reference lines off your turbo or did you run 1 and T it off to each wastegate.

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
One off the charge pipe before the MAF Tee'd to bottom port of gates.

·
Registered
105 Posts
That exhaust looks like it will end up very nice. Can't wait to see that put together, great job on the project!

·
13,577 Posts
Mild steel but the exhaust flange is stainless

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Thanks question did you run 2 separate boost reference lines off your turbo or did you run 1 and T it off to each wastegate.
I kind of got a sour taste for stainless headers after my last rendezvous with the CG stainless headers. Im sure they are all not that way but mild steel seems to respond better on a metallurgy Level when it comes to expansion and contraction without all the cracking on the thinner tube stainless stuff.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I kind of got a sour taste for stainless headers after my last rendezvous with the CG stainless headers. Im sure they are all not that way but mild steel seems to respond better on a metallurgy Level when it comes to expansion and contraction without all the cracking on the thinner tube stainless stuff.
Ya I remember all the trouble you had with yours. Sounds like you have my luck if something is going to go wrong or have a problem it's going to be mine that's having trouble.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Got valve coves back from being painted and installed. The intake and oil pan on (thanks for info Pate) on the spacer. I bought a bare windsor block and built this ,so I have been combining romeo and windsor. I had to order a new oil pickup spacer from Ford I don't have most of the bolts so I asked ford for the price on valve cover bolts and oil pan bolts they told me 190 dollars for the bolts. I ended up going to true value hardware and bought all the bolts for 17 bucks.

Hopefully by end of week I will have oil filter relocation housing on , water pump,and CG headers on.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Just about got the engine buttoned up. Got the oil filter relocation mounted and c&g hotside test fitted. The passengers side 40mm turbosmart wastegate looks like it will be right where the abs pump is. Was already planning ABS delete anyway. C&G uses Tial 44mm wastegate flanges and the banjo flange bolt looks like it will be to small to tighten wastegate. So I'm going to try to find a longer bolt to mount the wastegate.

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
You have to put in more garage time to getrdone.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
You have to put in more garage time to getrdone.
The cars at my buddies shop, The good about that is every tool need is there from lifts to plasma cutters. The bad is i can't work on it weekends so that only leaves a couple hours a week.

·
Premium Member
3,375 Posts
Yea that sucks, but you dont need a lift. And you only need some metric tools.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Not munch to update. Put water pump on and all the pulleys on. Anybody that has put on CG fabrication kit have any trouble with the header to close to power steering pump fitting.

·
13,577 Posts
Not munch to update. Put water pump on and all the pulleys on. Anybody that has put on CG fabrication kit have any trouble with the header to close to power steering pump fitting.
I had to move my power steering lines around on that side, i took a tubing bender and bent everything t o clear real nice. the pipes comes close and there isnt much you can do but wrap them.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
I had to move my power steering lines around on that side, i took a tubing bender and bent everything t o clear real nice. the pipes comes close and there isnt much you can do but wrap them.
I had to relocate them with my old on3 kit also. This is the feed line that comes from the resivoir and feeds the pump. I found this heat shield

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Got the motor all buttoned up. I had to delete one of the idler pulleys because the belt was hitting the header. Fire sleeve and some fuel fittings came in today. Tomorrow will get car in place to drop engine in. Have all next week off so should be able to get a lot done

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
So I'm taking Eddies advice and putting more garage hours in LOL. Engine ready to drop in. Pulling pilot bearing out of cobra crank before dropping it in.

Got the engine in. Will say easiest one I have ever done. Had it in less than 30 minutes. Got injectors ,coils and most of electrical plugged . Got most of the fuel lines hooked up but needed a few more fittings lucky for me sonnys racing is right down street or it might have been Friday before summit would have delivered. ABS pump removed that frees up s bunch of room. Not going abs delete block going to flare line and make new ones and move them out of the way

Don't mind dusty dirty car

41 - 60 of 99 Posts