Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Got a few things done last couple days. Got flexplate bolted on all the fuel system run oil relocation done . Still have to figure out power steering lines way close to header. Test fit the merge pipe and turbo flange was touching the radiator. This is without fans being attached. So we had to start radiator relocation . Plan is to cut bottom lip on radiator support and radiator mounting taps off slide radiator forward and weld the tabs on the opposite side of radiator support. Early mock up looks like it will give about 18" between motor and radiator without fans

Here is my buddy modding the the support. Was hoping he was going to let me play with plasma cutter

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Well got all the power steering lines moved.. That proved to be more of a problem than I thought. Made more work for myself by accidentally hitting brake line with cutoff wheel notching lower radiator support. Radiator support took a lot of modification to get stock fan to slide forward with in the support. Going to install transmission tomorrow and get the motor leveled.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Got few more things done. Got the transmission installed. Had to reroute the starter wires to back of fire
Ran into the o2 sensors need exstended. Orded them from American muscle . Have to extend them as they ard not long enough to reach the headers. Have driver's side done side done

Hopefully will have first start up next week just have a few more things to finish. Going to start it open header without turbo.

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
You dont even need the stock o2's. I ran my car for many years without them. You just run car in open loop all the time. Them the maf controls it.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
You dont even need the stock o2's. I ran my car for many years without them. You just run car in open loop all the time. Them the maf controls it.
Thanks if this doesn't work that's what I'm going to do. The 02 sensor where capped off by guy I bought the kit from. He was running holley dominator. Do you run 02 with your holley dominator

·
Premium Member
3,361 Posts
I run a wideband O2 on each side. The dominator can run in closed loop using either side, richest, leanest or average of both. Mine runs in closed loop starting at 4200rpm and I keep the correction low.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Filled the car with fuel hooked up the battery pack to check for fuel leaks and car started turning with the key in off position. Looks like I accidentally hot wired my car LOL. I have to figure out what I hooked up wrong. My battery disconnect works . I ran the hot wire from battery in the trunk to distribution box under the hood. Than a hot to start and another to alternator. Did I hook it up right.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Doesnt sound like you did.
Turned out to be an easy fix. With having run the starter wires different the small wire on seliniod was slightly touching the hot wire. It was essentially jumping the seliniod. Now just have to fix one small fuel leak. Than it will be ready to start.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Turbo came in on Friday. I went with a billet borgwarner S478 87 turbine wheel 1.10 AR. with a race cover. Now I can start the mark up of the hot and cold side and finish the radiator relocation.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Turbo came in on Friday. I went with a billet borgwarner S478 87 turbine wheel 1.10 AR. with a race cover. Now I can start the mark up of the hot and cold side and finish the radiator relocation.
Ahh the old radiator/trunk relocation....

How many inches you pushing it forward?

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Ahh the old radiator/trunk relocation....

How many inches you pushing it forward?
I cut off the original mounting tabs so Im not positive but it looks like 3.5 inches forward. If you look at your radiator support there is a lip that sticks up. We cut that lip off and welded support back together. The new location sits about 1/4 over the support.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Start test fitting the turbo this thing is pretty dam big. My last setup had the exhaust side facing the drivers side. There is noway this one will fit that way.

The compressor cover is real close to the belt. I'm hoping I can get some more space with adjustment of the hot side. Right now there ts not touching the belt but any flexing it will hit

The radiator still has about another 3/4 of an inch it can go forward. I just have a little more trimming to do.so there is going to be enough room

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Ran into another small issue while doing abs delete. I'm not using abs delete block just going to make flare fittings. The passengers side header was resting on the brake lines. So I'm going to have to move all the brake lines to the other side of the frame rail . So I figured I'm just going to add a line lock when relocating the lines

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Got a few updates got the line lock in. Just need to finish the flares on the rear wheels. Also had I had to repair a line I hit with die cutter

It frees up a bunch of room to run the down pipe.
Also got radiator relocation done and the turbo mounted. Today I got the cold side 90% done. It's fitted and tach welded in place. I'm using my old on3 cold side and I was able shorten it by removing 3 feet of piping out of cold side.

Things I still have to figure out, oil drain, coolant overflow tank , perminate intercooler mounting brackets, wire up trans and line lock and add 3 inch studs to front

·
13,574 Posts
you could make your own coolant over flow tank like i did.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Got the new intercooler brackets fabricated. The cold side welded up. Just have to redo the intercooler to throttle body pipe. I got the moroso 3 inch wheel studs installed on the front. I was having trouble getting them in so had to to remove the hubs and press them in on a press

Rotors look a little rusty but it's just from car sitting for 4 years

This week I'm going to flare rear break lines and . Fix the throttle body to intercooler piping. Moving intercooler threw
Angles off. Down pipe is going to need a lot modification if I can get all done it will be time for start up

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #78 (Edited)
After 4 long years finally first start up. Idling at 1k and running lean but my tuner sent me a couple tunes. Still have a lot of beautification to do but major step forward.
https://youtu.be/90-qVZLGIcc

Next is finish the flare for rear breaks, wire up freddy brown lockup controller and transbrake, getting down pipe to mid pipe done and fabricating a new top for radiator support

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
I had to reduece the 4 inch downpipe to 3 inches to get it through the kmember. I have it all tacked up just have 1 more weld then exhaust is done . I also installed super high flow cat to pass visual inspection. Finished all the brake lines but found out I have a defective T that won't stop leaking. Line lock is wired up just needs to be powered. The hobbs switches are mounted and tested. This project is winding down. The to main things to be done is plumb up boost reference for wastegate and wire up FB transmission controller. When that's done tuner will come and pick it up then it off for 93 octane tune and race gas tunes

·
13,574 Posts
Sounding Solid Man thanks for posting up that video I have been wondering what has happened to you lately.

I too couldnt fit anything other then a 3" piping through my K member

61 - 80 of 99 Posts