Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Looks cool...But I will wait until after the hype on this one...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
looks like black lava to me :dunno I saw a picture iirc and it was liquid like similar to lava and their wheel guard
definitely interesting.. but what isn't lately :mad: lol
According to Mike @ AG its not like lava but I dont see how it couldnt be

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
what did he say?

lol I agree with you..
No. Lava is a soft paste wax, the consistency of Black Wax is more like pudding, it's very soft and creamy.

In the old days I think they used a term called, pre-softened to describe a wax like this.

I'm just now finishing the SF 4000 over all the horizontal surfaces. I also just applied some of the Black Wax to a section of the driver's side hood to check and see how it's going to look.

Stay tuned...
But I dont see how lava isnt the consistency of pudding as well bc in my eyes it is

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
lava isn't as bad as you think once you work with it, you expect it to be a lot more.. liquidy, for example their wheel guard if you hold it side ways it will slowly creep out of the container

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
CGs new Black does kind of peak my interest, if they had called it Black Night Carnauba wax, id probably put it on my list of stuff to buy, but im not really to hyped about anything that says luminous glow infusion behind it. Sounds like a marketing plot to make more money.

I would like to try it, like chris said, when the hype goes down and DC gets it lol.

I think, according to the description, that it may offer some stout durability, because of all the polymers and stuff. But to be honest, the thing that gives paint a wet, warm, deep look are the amount of oils and waxes in the product, chemical guys should be more transparent about the ingredients in their waxes. Look up the ingredients for Zymol Glasur, pretty impressive how simple it is.

I cant say that im not intrigued as a black paint owner tho.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Oh and did you guys notice the pictures....Black MUSTANG, i think HANDZ(the CG guy is a member here) is setting us up!!!

lol

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
CGs new Black does kind of peak my interest, if they had called it Black Night Carnauba wax, id probably put it on my list of stuff to buy, but im not really to hyped about anything that says luminous glow infusion behind it. Sounds like a marketing plot to make more money.

I would like to try it, like chris said, when the hype goes down and DC gets it lol.

I think, according to the description, that it may offer some stout durability, because of all the polymers and stuff. But to be honest, the thing that gives paint a wet, warm, deep look are the amount of oils and waxes in the product, chemical guys should be more transparent about the ingredients in their waxes. Look up the ingredients for Zymol Glasur, pretty impressive how simple it is.

I cant say that im not intrigued as a black paint owner tho.
I have one more CG wax I will buy and thats gonna be Pete's and I will be done with CG for a bit...

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Should try xxx from dc.. It's kind of like why not lol
HAHA, it really is, ill probably throw a pot on my next order.

AH i LOVE that color, thats looks like untouched carnauba wax! i like it.

The only thing i dont like about pete's is that they bleach the carnauba to a lighter color, but its ok, it obviously works really well lol.

Have you seen the picture of the inside of CGs black? looks like shoe polish, doesnt really thrill me.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
lol yeah I agree, I'm hoping its a cheap little hidden gem, good reviews on it, high hopes for it, i like petes but I don't love it, definitely a great wax, I think it should be standard issue for peoples first professional wax buy that or aghd

yeah it looks like their wheel guard, which the texture is too liquidy for my taste..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't mind the liquidity of their wheel guard, but for a LSP :dunno. When I see a pot of LSP I expect it to be some what hard. Hell I even thought Dodo OC was on the soft side. At least they were using it on a sick ride. Black Boss :drool Anyone else have a black ride that can be our guinea pig and test it out.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
lol yeah I agree, I'm hoping its a cheap little hidden gem, good reviews on it, high hopes for it, i like petes but I don't love it, definitely a great wax, I think it should be standard issue for peoples first professional wax buy that or aghd

yeah it looks like their wheel guard, which the texture is too liquidy for my taste..
I love pete's i think its a very nice wax for the price range. I will pick up a pot of xxx, 5050, and eventually Zymol Glasur. Im pretty sure XXX is gonna impress for the price point.

The thing i like about Petes is that its really a beauty wax, but it durability is very stout for something that provides a great look.

I do remember my paint having a WICKED wet look when i did Petes on top of Jetseal.

I don't mind the liquidity of their wheel guard, but for a LSP :dunno. When I see a pot of LSP I expect it to be some what hard. Hell I even thought Dodo OC was on the soft side. At least they were using it on a sick ride. Black Boss :drool Anyone else have a black ride that can be our guinea pig and test it out.
Hell yea, if you guys pool in and buy it ill slap it on the mach haha

The consistancy would probably bother me, wax is a solid, that should melt in your hands, if the paste is already liquidy, then how much wax is really in the mixture?

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
I liked the composition of oc :dunno
I love pete's i think its a very nice wax for the price range. I will pick up a pot of xxx, 5050, and eventually Zymol Glasur. Im pretty sure XXX is gonna impress for the price point.

The thing i like about Petes is that its really a beauty wax, but it durability is very stout for something that provides a great look.

I do remember my paint having a WICKED wet look when i did Petes on top of Jetseal.

Hell yea, if you guys pool in and buy it ill slap it on the mach haha

The consistancy would probably bother me, wax is a solid, that should melt in your hands, if the paste is already liquidy, then how much wax is really in the mixture?
if the nuba lasts the standard 2-3 months thats fine.. I usually strip or layer within 2-4 weeks anyway.. come winter time I should run bfwdps.. but I have oc on there topped with lava which I think I'll be fine with I'm sure a warm day will pop up in december or jan here and I'll rain forest rub it or something lol

yeah mach you're our only hope for blackwax, chrisj will hate the texture and hes already stocked up lol

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I liked the composition of oc :dunno

if the nuba lasts the standard 2-3 months thats fine.. I usually strip or layer within 2-4 weeks anyway.. come winter time I should run bfwdps.. but I have oc on there topped with lava which I think I'll be fine with I'm sure a warm day will pop up in december or jan here and I'll rain forest rub it or something lol

yeah mach you're our only hope for blackwax, chrisj will hate the texture and hes already stocked up lol
Yea 2-3 months on a good nuba is fine by me, and like you said, 4-6 weeks in you feel like topping anyway. I bet XXX will do fine, hell even if it doesnt, you could apply it once a week its so damn cheap haha.

Sure ill try black for your guys, you guys just PM me and ill give you my paypal address lol, donations are welcome haha. It looks cool, but the pudding consistency shoe polish goop inside that pot doesnt thrill me all that much, lol.

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Xxx has to perform well, being an entry level wax they have to make it good, otherwise people wouldn't buy up to Pete's and lava etc
Smells great too, if I wasn't gifting it I'd have found something to wax by now lol

1 - 20 of 147 Posts