Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often do yall get challenged? cause ive had my stang for more than 8 months and have yet to be challenged :( i think i made elle(my stangs name, yess i named it after ellanor deal w/ it) look to fast cause i see riced up mustangs all the time and they never want to race its drivin me crazy!:crazy

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
haha i don't really get challenged that much either seems like they don't want to mess with the new s197's especially when they hear my exhaust hahaha

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
just downshift by your prey... i get challenged almost everytime i go through town.. i love it. new BMW 335i's are FAST.. everything i could do to keep up. seams GTi's love racing me.. no match for a mighty 4.6r

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
people around me stare at the car, tell me its beautiful, or jump when they hear the exhaust, never does anyone want to race. Occasionally I get someone in a 98 altima, civic, or other ricer. They don't really want to race, they take off because they want to see me blow by them and hear the exhaust. I don't feed into them though lol

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would say at lest once a month I have some knuckelhead trying to get me to go. Usually it is guys in full size pick up trucks.

·
Registered
283 Posts
haha, i've had the same problem...i cant ever get ppl to mess with me. i wish they would! i've had mine for just over a year and only raced once...was the last year TA and i guess he had straights on it, was pretty loud....smoked him ~ poor guy had his girl with him too

had an old lady (upper 30s) play with me right after i got my exhaust fixed (cut the cats out)...but she just wanted to hear it....had a big ol' cheese grin on her face when i went by her

·
Registered
543 Posts
how old are you. I get challenged all the damn time. I'm already scheduled to race somebody on Friday. The fat tub of lard knows nothing about cars and thinks his 08 GT/CS is the fastest thingon the planet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I go out looking for races and cant find any takers either. Since I have added headers and SLP's I cant really conceal that my car is indeed modded. I go to the local drag on the weekends and when there is heavy traffic I just leave it in second :D

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Im challenged all the time ....every day im in it.

·
MM's Mad Scientist
5,101 Posts
Im challenged all the time ....every day im in it.
Me too. My wife and I were going out to get some seafood the other night and some Integra pulled up beside me at a redlight. He was decked out in the full neon package and everything. My wife jokingly pointed out that he was gonna blow my doors off when the light turned green and I told her "Yeah, right, I don't think he's that stupid" (keep in mind that my car literally rocks at idle from the cams). Anyway, when the light turned green, we both just pulled off normally, and right when I heard his turbo spool just a little, he kicked the **** outta that car. Well, needless to say, he got ass-raped. However, the funny part was at the next redlight. Some older guy and his old-lady (I'm guessing) pulled up beside us in a minivan. He rolled down the window and said, "I knew that kid was gonna try you. Looks like he just didn't have it under the hood". Fun times.........

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
you all that never get rivals should try going to a military town. there are a ton of young kids that have no real bills and nothing to spend their money on except for their cars. so there almost always ends up being some pretty fast street cars. there are also twice as many ricers here because of the same fact. mustangs, gto's, f-body's, sti's, evo's.....they are all a dime a dozen here and they are all modded

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I would say at lest once a month I have some knuckelhead trying to get me to go. Usually it is guys in full size pick up trucks.
You better watch them trucks with the LS? motors, they had 5 at the track last night and the slowest was 13.7 and the fastest was 12.3. I never get anyone to race me for some reason after a car show everybody is like "Man that thing is supecharged, I can't do anything with that." They do have a guy that lives about 45 minutes away with a Whipple on an 06 GT that was calling out all my friends. He lost to a Lightning and an 03 Cobra and then started talking **** to me because everyone was saying I had a Kenne Bell and my car was fast. But after the 3rd. person telling him don't make a fool of himself he finally left and went home. Funny thing is he traveled from Cut Off which is 45 minutes to come race me because his friend told him I had the fastest car in town.(Which I don't and never said I did) So he called me out when I get the car back because and I quote "Them Kenne Bell's ain't got **** on a Whipple." yet he was beat by 2 Eatons.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hey BJ was it a black Mustang? They have one in Larose that thinks his car is the fastest over here.
I had to show him one night that it wasn't.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
HAHA yep black and had a Whipple, he told me to let him know when my car is done and he'll see how fast it really is

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've been challenged several times, I've posted about my kill of a Charger and had the pleasure of killing a old Chevy pickup last week. He called me out! I also got smoked by a vette about a 3 weeks ago, got a little over zealous and it was painful.

I tend to drive a little aggressive and have stuck my grill in many a rear view to see who bites. It seems like I get more challenges from Chargers and older Stangs. I think they see a 40 year old guy and think it's a great time to impress some young female passenger. Normally doesn't end well for them. The upside of being 39 and in the middle of a mid life crisis is that I can afford the ticket and only think about the kill and not about the consequences.

I live in a rural area outside OKC and I thinking racing is still a way of life for many of the locals.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I seen a 08 Shelby GT last night run 13.3 @ 106. What all is on those cars from the factory? It was as he drove it off the lot and no further mods. I was quite surprised when he beat my Lightning and I went 13.4 @ 108. He had me by a car the whole way past the 60'

1 - 20 of 41 Posts