Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im doing my plugs tomarrow. im at work and on break i just looked them up on advanced autos website and it says they are 20 bux a piece!! holy **** i tgought they were pose to be like 12-13 bux a plug. i dont want my plug change to cost me friggin 160 bux plus tax! i looked on napas site and they have them but they dont list a price

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
so im doing my plugs tomarrow. im at work and on break i just looked them up on advanced autos website and it says they are 20 bux a piece!! holy **** i tgought they were pose to be like 12-13 bux a plug. i dont want my plug change to cost me friggin 160 bux plus tax! i looked on napas site and they have them but they dont list a price
Plugs for these cars are expensive no matter what you get. But I wouldn't spend $20 per for POS Champions. Go with Autolite, or if you want a one piece design go with Brisk, that is what I run.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Brisk

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wats the part number? i need to go get these one piecers in bout a half hour...i thought champions were the only one piece design...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well guys even know i havnt recieved a part number for the brisks yet, i called all the part stores around me and noone carries brisk.... only autolit,ngk, and champion... napa has them for 17 a piece...guess im just gna have to bite the bullet and get them.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
well guys even know i havnt recieved a part number for the brisks yet, i called all the part stores around me and noone carries brisk.... only autolit,ngk, and champion... napa has them for 17 a piece...guess im just gna have to bite the bullet and get them.
That's right around what I paid for my Brisks. I got mine from Steeda when I was ordering some other parts. Not a lot of local parts stores carry Brisk. The only place in my area that will sell them are the race shops, and then only a couple of them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i hope all goes well for me tomarrow and none of them break when taking the old plugs out! the car has 53,000 miles i got it in march from a lexus delership with 43,000 miles so i dont realky know when the last time they were changed was.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Although there have been some posts of problems with Champions, I have read more about problems with Brisk. Go with Brisk if you don't mind re-gapping every 5,000 miles or so. The Champions, being copper core and double platinum, should easily go 100,000 miles if you choose to leave them in that long. I am very happy with my Champions. :yes

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i bought the champions. ill be putting them in tomarrow.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
heres a little update......ive been working on getting these plugs out for about an hour or so, so far. they turn ever so slightly then get tight and make a creek noise so i stop and respray with pb blast and let sit for 15 min and try again and same thing. they turn slightly and then tighten up and creek. man this is going to take forever!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Spray enough of that PB down in there so that you have a small puddle around the plug...not too much though. Let that SOB sit overnight or at least until the end of the day.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol i gotta b to work at 5 in the morning. i have the small puddle. i just got two out finally!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well i just got it all done. started right up with a puff of smoke out the tailpipes. im asuming it was from the pb blast?

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
Although there have been some posts of problems with Champions, I have read more about problems with Brisk. Go with Brisk if you don't mind re-gapping every 5,000 miles or so. The Champions, being copper core and double platinum, should easily go 100,000 miles if you choose to leave them in that long. I am very happy with my Champions. :yes
:rolleyes::no 2 years on my Brisks...I'd guess around 20,000 miles and 100+ passes at the strip on these plugs and I haven't had to do a thing to them.

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
well i just got it all done. started right up with a puff of smoke out the tailpipes. im asuming it was from the pb blast?
Good deal! Nice to hear that we haven't had to pull a head for plug breakage in a long, long time...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts