Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok well Im going to change this thread... I was looking at these hoods and while on CL I just found An enitre OEM mach one hood,shaker and all acc. for 400$ and I snagged it, my question is, how exactly does the shaker work? Like as far as getting air into the motor? thats probably a dumb question but Im not picking it up until tomorrow and im trying to picture in my head how it goes on? cant find anything just **** about how youll have to fab some brackets which is easy, any one have any info on this, NOT THE CDC I believe those are diff from the OE mach systems, so if anyone has done this or knows more than me ! please feel free to holler

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
How so? Well I was ready to pay 475 for a hood.. this is painted how I want already and comes with the shaker system sooooo figured it was a good steal, especially if the cdc without the hood is double what I paid

Which is ****? CDC or OE shaker?

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Sorry, I was referring to Champion hoods which are notoriously known for their cheap price and poor quality..

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohhhhhhh ok ok I see I see, I was like ugh what?! well ****, glad I didnt jump the gun on that one but it sounded a bit weak..

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
You'll be fine with an OEM hood. However, the shaker on a throttle body car does nothing for performance. It is more for looks - I'm sure other people can fill in the details of how to fab up a support for it.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I knew that but still cool thing to have and for the price ill take the looks over of the "still functional shaker" over the cobra R I realllllly love and wanted lol

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Yea I knew that but still cool thing to have and for the price ill take the looks over of the "still functional shaker" over the cobra R I realllllly love and wanted lol
I agree, it is a cool hood. When they came out new in 2003 on the Mach 1, I wanted to buy the car just because of the retro look...lol... My 2000 Cobra R hood is functional and will become more so over the winter;)....

·
Registered
508 Posts
wow, wish i could find a mach 1 hood and shaker for $400 around here, thats a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, wish i could find a mach 1 hood and shaker for $400 around here, thats a hell of a deal.
yess was asking 500! black hood too (was going to paint mine black) with very niice paint!

said id pick it up for 400, he bought a 4in cowl for his TTs

1 - 12 of 12 Posts