Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 v6 convertable. Bit by the horsepower bug. Not alot of mods for a v6 but an 8 has plenty. Should i go with a turbo addition or save and swap out the 6 for an 8. If i do can I put an SVT or GT engine or any other engine in the carpartment w/o causing any fitment problems. Do I also need to change the tranny?

Thanks

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
On some of the early's new edge gt's 99-00 if I remember right you can use the same tranny, someone did this swap on 3.8 mustangs.com, you will need a lot of more things like computer,exhaust, pedal assembly, wiring harness, etc. I suggest to pm badazzstang over there, he will be glad to help you out, I also suggest to get a salvage one and swap everything you need it will be way more easier.. ;)

How To 4.6 Swap a 3.8 - 3.8 Mustang Message Board

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This Torres person - what type of turbo did he put in? How many lbs of boost? Did he have to modify anything else like tranny, tourque converter, engine parts. Was this a bolt on done in a day project? What was the brand he used?

Thanks
Tangbang

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can I just add a turbo w/o any other major mods other than a few tunes or minor adjustments? I saw a turbo kit for $699 soup to nuts. I don't a 9 second car just something with a little more balls. Chip or tuner, could this also be a possibility along with or instead of the turbo? If I do the turbo would a chip or tuner recongnize the addition and tune accordingly?

Thanks
Tangbang

·
2k3 Blown Mach 1
2,183 Posts
IF you're not concerned to much on hp get a supercharger they're cheaper just keep it on a low boost and you will just need a dyno tune, but I suggest a traction lock with gears or just the tlock but they will charge you more cuz they will have to open the differential again.

I keep watching used s/c on ebay just make sure it fits on the V6, or sell your car and buy a new edge V8 that's what I'm going to do insurance won't be more expensive, on gas neither...

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
On some of these questions you can look in one of the stickies it is all about this kind of stuff. And as far as the turbo. It is a lot more than you think. First the kit is fairly difficult to install and will take awhile. And as far as the tuner if your get a turbo, you can maybe get a safety tune it is called. It just gets your car to run, it is not necessarily the best tune, you will need to take your car to a place that does dyno tuned and have it dyno tuned which is usually upwards of 500 +. Ik that this all seems expensive, but power is.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
No the T5 tranny nor bell housing bolts up to the 4.6s(thats stock from a v6)

This Torres person - what type of turbo did he put in? How many lbs of boost? Did he have to modify anything else like tranny, tourque converter, engine parts. Was this a bolt on done in a day project? What was the brand he used?

Thanks
Tangbang
custom built 4.3L stroker
my own company ported heads and intakes
mild regrind cam
supporting fuel mods
built t5 tranny
other bolt ons
tunning
15psi and pump fuel

·
Registered
118 Posts
stock bottom end buy a s/c... built motor buy a turbo.

you can blow a stock bottom end very easily with a turbo.
s/c are funn! i had one! super easy to install too

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
stock bottom end buy a s/c... built motor buy a turbo.

you can blow a stock bottom end very easily with a turbo.
s/c are funn! i had one! super easy to install too
this is soooooo incredibly false and misleading i had to neg rep it
440rwhp stock bottom end turbo
400rwhp 10psi and pump gas went half a year with out blowing
and only blew because i had messed with the timing on pump gas

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.