Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one heard of catskins..a hi grade seat cover?? Or should I just go to a junk yard and get em?

Any one ever duplicolor an interior, not the whole thing just some areas to customize it a little?

My convert top is beige and faded - don't have the money to change right now. I herad that I can spray it ??? Won't it crack when its put down??? If so what kind of paint do I get and who makes it???

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you need some kind of vinyl paint, and whats your interior question?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I need to pre it in any special way? Does the spray peel or flake even if you prep it properly? How durable is it?

Seats - are those seat covers factory looking?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i mean unless you dye a vinyl top its going to look bad painting it is not a good idea

and you got a link to the seat covers you want

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
i dupli'ed my interior pieces just clean em with alcohol really well and apply alot of coats ( light coats ) and just use some clear coat after to help resist wear. nothing hard about doing the little plastic pieces

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
there is a special primer you need to use for plastic and vinyl pieces in the interior, but i have to agree with GF dont do the convertible roof.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
there is a special primer you need to use for plastic and vinyl pieces in the interior, but i have to agree with GF dont do the convertible roof.
its not really a primer it is called adhesion promoter but you dont really need it a few light base coats do the same thing but it helps a lot

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
scubasteve, do you have pics of your interior? i was planning on painting some of my interior pieces..

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
When I did my trim parts I used a "Fabric Black" paint, followed by Primer, and then the color I wanted. Turned out decent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts