Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've thought things over and crunched some numbers and came up with the best possible conclusion for me. I will not get the Terminator :D. My GT is far to dear to me. DSG 40th Anniversary, I cannot part with it, for the color is t3h sex.:yes

What I want to do is build this lowly little 2V, into an absolute STREET monster :eek:.

So MM guys and girls, toss me your best ideas on making this car run like a thief.

Here are the mods I have done or have bought so far:

K&N RAI
Flowmaster catback
Steeda Tri-ax
3.73 Gears(pending install. I want to build up the rear.)
C&L ported plenum and 75mm throttle body(pending install this week)
Sniper tune(pending hopefully this week when the tuner arrives)

·
Registered
400 Posts
How much $ do you have to spend. And what are you trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This will be done over the long term, I will let you guys know when i've got dough to do major mods. My goal is 600+ rwhp

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
well with that much HP, i would start off looking for forged rotating kits because u will have to put FI on it get those #'s

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol yea, it's going to be expensive but hey, speed always is!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well with that much HP, i would start off looking for forged rotating kits because u will have to put FI on it get those #'s
I was looking at Livernois Stroker kit with 8.9:1 compression.

·
Registered
400 Posts
it gets into the 1xxx's really really really quick
Ha 1,xxx's. More like 1x,xxx's or 2x,xxx's. 600 hp is not going to be cheap at all. I don't see you hitting 400 rwhp without $10,000 or more. Well unless you spray the **** out of it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Ha 1,xxx's. More like 1x,xxx's or 2x,xxx's. 600 hp is not going to be cheap at all. I don't see you hitting 400 rwhp without $10,000 or more. Well unless you spray the **** out of it.

+1111000000003333333999994444X4.567+456543

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also, no spray allowed!!!111:no

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
just research and find out all the machine work, you will want new heads, or P&P heads, forged rotating assym., cams, S/C, injectors, fuel pump, i would get a new k member, tranny, man i could go on and on

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was considering upping the compression for the rotating assym to a 9.6:1 spec for an F1A Procharger. That ought to be freak nasty. And yea, stage 3 heads, custom grind cams and all of that stuff to help the 2V breath. Thats the main problem with this engine.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm a bit hesitant about the F1A Procharger though. I wonder how it actually feels. MatrixPuba would know, but I haven't seen him around in ages. i like my car to feel like the hand of god slaps me when I accelerate.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, first I want to start fortifying the rear end and suspension. Gotta have this car handle a little better than it does. So I was thinking, up the rear end to 31-spline with a Ford racing trac-lok from an 03 Cobra.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, just thought it over again and a Mach would be a better platform to mod from. 4V heads flow better than 2

·
Registered
400 Posts
Well, just thought it over again and a Mach would be a better platform to mod from. 4V heads flow better than 2
haha sounds like you need to make your mind up

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
IF i can get a Mach, which probably won't be the case. My GT is only worth $5k since it's rebuilt.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guess I'm stuck with the 2V lawl.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts