Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil in the car yesterday, I put 3000 miles on it and the weather is changing so I changed it and put royal purple 10w30 synthetic with a fram filter and wow I don't know if the old oil was really bad or really cheap cuz the car is performing soooo much better

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
It's all in your head...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Nice, what did ya use before hand, what Company?
How do ya think it proforms better?
Anything in particular?

It's all in your head...
Ya really think so? I wouldnt know, i was debating switching to it when i can, but the engine isnt even in the car yet, do you not like synthetic? Just woundering your opinion.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Don't know what it was before cuz its the first one that I did since I got it, and it feels stronger cuz it wants to break loose real easy now

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
From Horsepower Tv they gained 8HP by using Royal Purple over Regular oil
Damn, must have been a really really accurate dyno. I've seen 8 hp gains just by sneezing and then redynoing...

Oil doesn't give you horsepower. Using a lighter weight oil can reduce windage power losses, but this comes with less high temperature stability.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
how much did it cost for enough quarts of royal purple to fill up?

·
Registered
371 Posts
the only times ive changed my oil and felt it ran better was when i was over due for a change, mainly though it cooled the engine better after the change... so if it was bad enouph that may be why it seems better

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
i get rp for $5 a qt and run it in eveything, it does run alot better with it with better protection on the internal parts

how much quarts does a 302 hold :dunno so i know how much to get?

·
Registered
371 Posts

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
cost me 7$ a quart, it took 4 quarts and a can of restore (that tall can silver and blue, ment to protect engine and restore lost compression)

oh i got some lucas oil treatment ill use that with it too

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
oh i got some lucas oil treatment ill use that with it too

Playing chemist does not seem like the best choice. In my opinion, if the oil would be so much better with a second companies additive, that additive would be in the original oil to begin with.

You can take the results of this test with a grain of salt but here is a test (What about Additives?) of an oil with Lucas additive added. I do have a specific problem with this test but it still raises questions. Gases (regular air in this case) come out of solutions at higher temperatures and gases are not so easily absorbed into solutions at higher temperatures. If this test was done in a crank case of a running engine where the oil is hotter than room temperature, it would not be as bad. Either way, it shows mixing things just to mix them is not always the best solution.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Playing chemist does not seem like the best choice. In my opinion, if the oil would be so much better with a second companies additive, that additive would be in the original oil to begin with.

You can take the results of this test with a grain of salt but here is a test (What about Additives?) of an oil with Lucas additive added. I do have a specific problem with this test but it still raises questions. Gases (regular air in this case) come out of solutions at higher temperatures and gases are not so easily absorbed into solutions at higher temperatures. If this test was done in a crank case of a running engine where the oil is hotter than room temperature, it would not be as bad. Either way, it shows mixing things just to mix them is not always the best solution.
I am with the proffessor. I don't think RP needs any additives. I don't use it yet, so I can't comment on the power thing. I will be switching though just to see for myself if it helps as much as said.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
test was interesting but did you see how much trapped air was in that case, maybe thats y it got so much air???? and if it did that inside your engine then it would be white on your dip stick......... right?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts