Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in some autolite platinum's today they didnt have anything else so I just said f it, not really worried about it, thell still produce spark, anyway the pics suck so i wont even post them but some plugs were dirty, like sand and little piece of rock on it when i pulled it out, the threaded part, some plugs were clean, some dirty, one was real bad, to me dirt shouldnt be on that part of the plug cuz even if dirt got past the rubber and down to the top part of the plug there's no way it should get past the threads. normal? yes i change oil and filter regularly.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Prolly just got on there when you put the plugs in originally

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
they are always dirty on mine...i don know why, even when i built the heads for it the original ones were filthy

·
Registered
400 Posts
how long did it take you to change the plugs

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
usually takes me about an hour. i know it shouldnt take that long, but i get so frustrated while doing it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
usually takes me about an hour. i know it shouldnt take that long, but i get so frustrated while doing it.
10mins - get covers,air tubes off and out of the way
15mins - changing out spark plugs
15mins - putting covers etc back on
45mins - cursing and trying to find that damned socket you dropped in the engine bay. :lol

<---97cobra im on my gfs comp n she was allready logged in. :D

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
only takes me around 20 minutes with a beer. the dirt is usually collected at the base of the spark plug bore.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool it just didnt seem normal to me, it took about 45 minutes, its weird it seemed like people made it out to be so hard but it was so easy. It looks more difficult than it is, looks like its a PITA to get the plugs out but its really not at all. I did that faster than changing my oil. Swivel heads, spark plug sockets and extensions makes life a little easier.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts