Modded Mustang Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well im bout to attempt to put one in my car the orginal owner broke the copper fittings on the fire wall when putting the new motor in so i hope this write up helps alot

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mod?

Haha you won't believe what the end result of mine turned out to be. I think the pictures do all the justice. So the first two pictures showed the previous "mechanics" job when instead of removing the heater core according to this guide these guys took a saws all or skil saw and just chopped it to pieces then sealed it. It even looks like they may have epoxied the heater core together in the third picture. Im into this job 4 hrs and this guide has been right on. I appreciate it so much, at this point I need to put in the heater core and seal the box back because im not going to replace it im just going to have to reseal it the same way they did as I have minimal choice given the situation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great thread. Used it twice so far. Second time ran into a problem and a solution that I wanted to share due to not being able to find anything through search engines. When removing dash the two plugs going to the airbag diagnostic module got unplugged. I plugged them back in what i thought was the proper location for each, not knowing that they could be interchanged. #15 fuse under dash kept blowing and none of my gauges worked. Swapped the plugs around fixed everything. Something to look at if anyone runs into this problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joined this forum just so I could say thanks for this thread. Just finished putting everything back together, and this helped me out immensely. I didn't want to mess with the heater box or the AC so I cheated and just cut the heater box open once I got the dash down, then taped it up with foil tape. Not the most graceful method, but it worked, and saved me a lot of steps in the process. All told I spent about 4-5 hours on it, and when I have to do it again (cause let's be honest, we're all going to have to do it again at some point...) I'm betting it'll take significantly less time now that I know everything that has to come out. Thanks again, this write up is so damned thorough, I really appreciate the time you took to put it together. .

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
This post scares the **** out of me! How common are these to cause problems or break on SN95 GT's? I know a radiator isn't too much to handle but this looks like a real sonofabitch!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Mods,
I haven't been logged on here in forever. However I do get emails about linkbacks to this heater core swap all the time. I recently cleaned up my photobucket acct. and now the pics arent linked. Even though I haven't had a mustang for a while I'd like to try and restore the pics so everyone can continue to use the thread to help them with their swap. Anyone got a clue how to do this? I can repost all the pictures. But they might not be in order! I do still have the pics saved.

To everyone that has emailed me or posted saying thanks for this thread. You are welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mods,
I haven't been logged on here in forever. However I do get emails about linkbacks to this heater core swap all the time. I recently cleaned up my photobucket acct. and now the pics arent linked. Even though I haven't had a mustang for a while I'd like to try and restore the pics so everyone can continue to use the thread to help them with their swap. Anyone got a clue how to do this? I can repost all the pictures. But they might not be in order! I do still have the pics saved.

To everyone that has emailed me or posted saying thanks for this thread. You are welcome.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts