Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car has an exhaust leak so i took it to a buddys garage and cant find it anywhere, its not too bad noticable, just when you switch gears you can hear it and when you run it up to 3500 rpms or so and let off gas, seems like when the motor has more stress on it. since we couldnt find it i figured it was the manifold gaskets, has anyone ever changed them? wondering if it would be worth it to change them for the time being or wait a yr or so till i had the money to get some headers?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well...intake manifold gaskets are definitely easier to change with the motor still in the car and are relatively cheap. Just make sure you keep everything clean and torque the manfold back down in the correct order and at the correct torque value.

I am going to hate every second of changing my exhaust manifold gaskets while the motors in the car. So, IMHO...do the intake gaskets first and if the problem doesn't go away get some headers...

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i missed typed lol, all ill need to change is exhaust manifold gaskets, heard headers are hard to install, figured changing gaskets on manifolds would be hard too, idk if itd be better to change them and if it dont go away then save and get headers or just start saving now lol

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have an o/r x pipe, and figured it was where they connect somewhere but we checked all of them last night and found nothing.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
It's a complete pain in the ass. If you can live with the leak and intend to get headers later, then you're probably better off leaving it be.
You'll want to shoot yourself pulling those manifolds.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this was the 2nd time ive tried to find it, even had a buddy cover the tailpipes and tried to find leaks, couldnt find anything at all. thats why i was assuming it was the manifold gasket. idk though, i prob will have to unbolt it all and reposition it or something

1 - 8 of 8 Posts