Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i have a 03 gt with 34k miles on it and i start college soon and its a short course then I'm out in the working world and making big bucks. first off i was going to keep modding my gt and full bolt ons and everything else you can think of. After thinking some more I mite just keep finish the car this spring with rims, headers, tint, lowering and short throw and saying its done. I'm thinking about after school either taking a loan out for either a terminator or 06 or newer roush/saleen. What do you guys think is better? I like the new body style but the terminators has some BALLS! I'm either keeping my gt bcs its paid off and storing it some where and having two stangs and maybe starting a collection or selling it and having a nice down payment on a loan.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Im with you..love the s197 saleens and roushes but nothing compares to the feel of a terminator. What are you going to school for if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Why dont you just build what you have and boost it?

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
No car payment = awesome.
yeah i know that feeling and to jump into another loan would hang that monthly payment over his head again.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
terminators are getting older & more beat up by the minute.

their prices are also atrificially inflated at this point.

my advice is to either mod what you have or just go with a new 5.0.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
Yea i seen one completely salmmed to the ground with 69,000 miles for 19grand here with a sunken in rear bumper from being hit.

·
Registered
11,185 Posts
lol or aa T/A ws6

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
You're thinking like i am right now. In a year or two i want to get a '03 GT sonic blue with fr500's or get a cobra. But i still want to keep my '96 and build it up over time.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I'd say keep your car. No car payment is awesome. But your best bet would be to fond a low mileage stock cobra. Not the easiest task lol. But a new 5.0 would be even better. But have fun with that car payment lol

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
save your money, keep your car and mod it the way you want it. Degree or not.. "making the big bucks" usually takes time and dedication.

terminators are getting older & more beat up by the minute.

their prices are also atrificially inflated at this point.

my advice is to either mod what you have or just go with a new 5.0.
Casper couldn't' be any closer to the truth with his statement.

Its a stretch to find a low mile, low abuse cobra out there. Parts for cobra's are a fortune and are becoming harder and harder to find.

If you get an 06+, have fun paying it off for the next 5 years... not to mention paying insurance on two v8 mustangs at the same time.:(

·
Registered
784 Posts
I like your plan of keeping your paid-off low mileage 03 GT for now and not modding it too much. Here is a tip: Don't get a new car right after graduation. Wait at least 6 months (A year+ would be better!) to see if you will be able to get the job you want, to find out if you will be able to establish yourself there and be successful. I have seen many people get a new car and/or a new house right after their graduation thinking they will go out there and earn "big bucks" only to find out later that they did not land the job they wanted, or to find out that they are not making the big bucks right away as they thought. Play it safe. :cool:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Keep your car and just put a terminator drivetrain in it. No car payments and terminator power. I dont want another car payment anytime soon, why I'm building a 4v for my car. Plus the experience of it will be fun, headaches and all.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im with you..love the s197 saleens and roushes but nothing compares to the feel of a terminator. What are you going to school for if you dont mind me asking?
I'm going to school to become an electrical lineman. Probably first couple years travel a lot and get some overtime :D

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
save your money, keep your car and mod it the way you want it. Degree or not.. "making the big bucks" usually takes time and dedication.

Casper couldn't' be any closer to the truth with his statement.

Its a stretch to find a low mile, low abuse cobra out there. Parts for cobra's are a fortune and are becoming harder and harder to find.

If you get an 06+, have fun paying it off for the next 5 years... not to mention paying insurance on two v8 mustangs at the same time.:(
****, I totally forgot have two car insurances :/ thats going to kill me

1 - 20 of 23 Posts