Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so..... i just bought basically the whole front suspension for my car including tubular k from upr and was wondering after its installed, (cuz its still sitting in my garage) will i have enough access to change the oil pan gasket due to an oil leak without having to lift the engine or do anything too crazy?

thanx :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh and also would anyone happen to have a link to installing the upr tubular k ? and would a pan gasket from auto zone be fine?

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
Youre gonna have to lift/support the engine to begin with to change the k member so you may as well do the pan gasket while/before installing the k member rather than installing the k member then doing the gasket after wards. If not youre just making things harder on yourself.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
make a bar out of thick wall square tube with a hole and two chains and a bolt in the middle....put the bar across the strut towers and use the chains to grab the block by the alternator ears....then you can pull the k-member right out :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well......i guess i forgot to mention i dont have an engine hoist. :tomato

honestly, ive been planning to do this install without one and just jacking up the motor, is it possible or should i really look for a engine hoist?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
well......i guess i forgot to mention i dont have an engine hoist. :tomato

honestly, ive been planning to do this install without one and just jacking up the motor, is it possible or should i really look for a engine hoist?
Its a pain and not nearly as safe and engine hoist is safer for sure but i have done it both ways. Just out of curiosity where is it leaking from,The pan gaskets are not likely to leak but the Front/Rear Main Seals are.Thats why i ask.It might turn into more work then just the pan gasket if thats the case.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and what exactly do you mean by the main seal? lol i dont know what that is

but how can i distinguish whether the leak is from the gasket or the main seal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car has the same thing happen to it how did you fix the leak was it possible to change the oil pan gasket without removing the k member

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I would just rent a hoist for the day (only cost me $20) and like noted above, change oout what you need while it is more accesable.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
uh oh plz dont scare me :(

its leaking from the back by where the tranny is
Im guessing it the rear main seal man and not the oil pan gasket but you never know it could be oil pan gasket. To get the the rear main seal you have to drop the tranny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts