Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to change my springs i have the eibach sportline kit. Just wondering how had it is to get the stock springs out? Like will i need to compress them or can i pry them out?

·
Registered
171 Posts
rear springs should fall right out when you drop the rear-end, and have a pry-bar hand when doing the front

·
Registered
468 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm seems pretty simple i will also be removing the rear end and changing all the control arms rear struts and removing the quad shock so its gonna be a little more work but same idea... thanks guys

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
control arms are easy and the rear shocks arent bad either. to remove the strut assembly, loosen the strut bolt and nuts before the car is jacked up. after cars is jacked up be sure to remove brake calipers, sway bar, and abs line before you start pulling the strut out. then put a jack under the control arm and jack it up to where the bolt and muts are off of the strut tower. there should be no stress on them what so ever and should be able to remove the nuts and bolt by hand.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
do u run your sway bars? I was thinking of taking them out while in doing all this? How is streeability like that? and i will be removing the quad shock what do u think of that will FRPP upper control arms and boxed lowers?

·
Registered
922 Posts
make sure you get the pig tail in the right spot

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
do u run your sway bars? I was thinking of taking them out while in doing all this? How is streeability like that? and i will be removing the quad shock what do u think of that will FRPP upper control arms and boxed lowers?
yes and no. not at the track, and i dont put them back in till me and doc go out on out little "run". we have a little area that is nothing but twisties, and of course the sway bars are a little help. not to much difference in normal driving, noticable when runing hard in the corners. no need for the quads when doing upgraded control arms.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Just like all of the other guys said. It's fairly easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts