Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i have my coils springs and whatnot lower from the vehicle but that ****in top nut is burning my ass! whats an easy way to remove this sum bitch?
thank you!

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Have you tried heating it with a small torch while attempting to turn it? This usually works for me.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
are you using an impact or just a ratchet to get it off?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just a ratchet,
i think i am gonna try heating it to see if that helps
problem is that whole shaft inside the strut turns when u turn the nut tried holding a big screwdriver in that divit at top but broke 2 of em already....

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Get an impact and do it. they are probably just that tight and need the sudden burst of an impact to get them loose and keep the strut rod from spinning.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
If your changing the struts all together, just put a vise grip on the strut rod and hold it.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
stubborn bitches but finally got em
thanks guys! cant wait to see how she handles now that those almost 200k ones are gone!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
couldnt you have left the bolts that attach the strut to the brake or whatever? i mean just to loosen the bolt on top. i just had to change my springs on my aspire and thats how mine is setup but im not sure if the mustang is the same way because i havent looked at it closely and its been a while.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
mustang struts are not coil over struts. totally different set up than on fwd cars

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
ahhh interesting. didnt know my aspire was coil over. would you mind showing me what the struts/coils on a mustang look like?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
You can see the strut is seperat from the coil spring

When i say coil over im not saying the adjustable type of coil over that mustang owners talk about upgrading to. But when you have the strut going through the inside of a spring, like on most cars now a days(most all FWD cars) that is also called coil over because the coil is over the strut.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
wow mustangs are funky. i never thought that they were like that and just assumed cars were like my aspire because aspire=cheap and the way its setup is so easy. the way the mustang is set up seems like its kinda stupid and more of a hassle.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
wow mustangs are funky. i never thought that they were like that and just assumed cars were like my aspire because aspire=cheap and the way its setup is so easy. the way the mustang is set up seems like its kinda stupid and more of a hassle.

Dude, wtf? do you not actually OWN a mustang? Have you never looked at your suspension if you do own one? Are you serious with this?

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^im with you 97s

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
yea i own one but unfortunately i havent driven it in like 2 months and havent had it apart in a little less than a year. it really wasnt a priority of mine to look at the suspension while i was doing the brakes so no i really havent taken a look at it, hence the suprise when i saw how it was setup.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i tried the vice grip method and it didn't work. The only thing that did was taking them to a shop that had a impact gun, worked perfect

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
screw you too. this is mine arsehole :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts