Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about how many hours are involved in changing the heater core in 90 fox....i figured out it must be leaking the other day when i turned on the heater and it fogged the window over.....well i didnt think it was that bad of a leak till my car started overheating today and i seen how low the fluid was.....and i got under the car to change my tranny fluid and noticed antifreeze was coming from somewhere and it was all over the front left subframe.....well i dont really have the time to change it right now so i went and got a 90 elbow and bypassed the heater core completely where the coolant hoses go through the firewall.....anyway how long would that take and how much is a heater core

·
Registered
569 Posts
heater core is like 20$ and about 4 hours it took me

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
heater core is like 20$ and about 4 hours it took me
i did mine in about an hour the first time but all i had to do is pull the dash out AND that was the only thing left in my car.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
did you guys pull the seats when you did yall or just take the stuff out around it.....well i guess i know your seats were out jordan

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
did you guys pull the seats when you did yall or just take the stuff out around it.....well i guess i know your seats were out jordan
The whole car was gutted except for the dash.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i was just wonderin......last time i was at my mechanic he just happened to bring up the subject of changing the heater core in a 94-98 stang because he said the book says its a 26 hour job so i was just gettin an idea of what i was lookin at.......there shouldnt be any problem the way i have it bypassed should there

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
for the 10 minutes it takes to take the seats out it will save you an hour and u will have to take out the center console. it took me about 4 hrs total but i took off alot more then i needed too.. if u take the center console out the all the torques head screws along the top of the dash under the vents the side screws the larger bolts on the sides holding the frame to the side (i belive there is 2 on each side) also u will have to pull the gauge cluster out. then the dash should pull back enough to get to the air box

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it may be a while as it should start gettin warm here soon and it already is a lil.....i probly will just hold out for warm weather and maybe do that work this summer sometime....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the same problem. I have had to fix 3 of these, 2 were my friends. It's a pretty easy job, about 4 hours. When I did mine I replaced the carpet ($99) as well because the smell of coolant was still in my car for months after. Good luck with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts