Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i finally have the time to change my oil this weekend and im gonna go synthetic. is there anything different i need to do when i change the oil or is it just like a normal oil change? and what is the recommended brand? thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, and is there only one grade of oil for synthetic or is it like regular with 5w20 adn so on

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i actually recommend 5W30, ive found in a few cases on these motors 0W20, and 5W20, which is pretty much the same thing will seem past the rings a little.

·
Registered
189 Posts
you can't really go rong with castrol, amsoil, or mobil 1

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys. so 5w 30 the safest bet or should i stick to 5w20. my motor has just under 40k

·
Registered
927 Posts
royal purple,amsoil or redline

i use mobil 1 or castrol syntec when i cant find it

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I use Mobil 1 in my Mach. But Royal Purple at the parts store is getting almost as cheap as Mobil 1 now so I will probably be switching soon. Change out your diff. fluid with Royal Purple while you are under there.

·
Registered
255 Posts
so is it bad when switching form conv. to synth?

i heard that all the build up starts to break down once you switch and then u got all that crap in ur engine

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Run it for awhile then drop your pan and check it out and clean it. Doubt you will find anything in there though. Unless you have been using quaker state.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts