Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 10k HID kit from VVME off ebay. My problem is that I could not use the stock... retainer cup ? that secures the bulbs to the headlight housing. This was because VVME's bulbs had a very large end peice that would not fit into the cup/cap.

My question, can HID bulbs be bought from anywhere, as long as they are the same color temp (10k) and size (9007)? I have found some that I can buy that have a much smaller end peice that would fit. Im assuming that all HID connections are the same? I mean, I know they are the same, but im assuming that they size of the connections are the same? Any info or experiance with this would be great.

Btw, my reason for going through this is that my Bulbs vibrate when driving, causing them the flicker since they are not secured to the housing tightly (using super glue :eek:).

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any ideas?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
dude same thing happen to me..i just stuck em in my aftermarket headlights and the stayed and took the retainer cups out..as for buying bulbs from anywhere else im pretty sure yeah they fit on all different ballast cuz i also had 10000k but wanted some 14000k...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see your from South MS man, I live in Wiggins.

Ya, it seems like all the connections are the same. I can tell my bulbs are vibrating bad when I drive. Im gonna buy some replacement 9007 10k bulbs that have a smaller end so I use the retainer cup on them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That should be ok. If you can find 9007 10k bulbs, they should work. Check the approved ratings first.

When you install them, make sure to wear gloves. Oil from your skin could flash-ignite and cause the bulb to explode.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I figuered out the problem. When I had my Bodykit, the section of the front Header panel that the front bumper attachs to broke. Therefore I had to use some metal brackets to make the front bumper reach the header panel.

I check my bulbs, they are TIGHT in the housing, so its not them. I turned the lights on, and grabed the bottom of my bumper and moved it a bit. Doing so made the whole headlight move depending on what side I was moving the bumper.

Therefore, my plan to is buy a new header panel, and reattach it plus the bumper with all new bolts and everything. I belive this will solve my problem with my lights vibrating so bad at night when I hit bumps.

Im just thinking hitting a bump or just rough roads (cause the lights move ALOT while driving) are causing the front bumper to move, thus moving the header panel alot due to the way it is attached, thus moving the headlight housing just enough to make it noticeable.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thoughts? sound like it could be the problem?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts