Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1loudgt needs one, his went bad and the car reeks of gas when running, and worse when it is shut off and parked in the garage.

If someone has one we will pay for it, or if they don't need one we can pay shipping.

Def don't need a briddle pos one either. Car only has 60k on it.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Make sure its not the purge solenoid at the canister. I wish i could help but being california i need mine. Im sure some one here has one.

Come on guys lets band together and get this guy one.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Damn, you were my first hope lol. Wheres the solenoid? The cars outside I'm just doing some paper work then I will go look. Is what was causing the other dudes car to surge when idleing?
Purge solenoid is right above the canister. The vacuum line going from the manifold goes into the solenoid.

If you're talking about me, no. It was my egr vacuum solenoid on the shock tower.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Purge solenoid is right above the canister. The vacuum line going from the manifold goes into the solenoid.

If you're talking about me, no. It was my egr vacuum solenoid on the shock tower.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Good looks guys, and yes you lol. Well,no way of telling if the solenoid is bad persay? Kinda still need to get one or the other... if not both:baller:

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Heres a pic of the solenoid ....its that thing just below my a/c, youll see a vacuum line going in and one coming out. With white plastic piece in between to two vac lines

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
The purge may not be working or the canister has gas in it which will happen if the tank being constantly overfilled. The EVAP system wont work as it should. Also, check the rubber hose from the purge to the intake. Weather and engine heat will eventually dry it out. Same goes for the vapor line to and from the tank.

Doesnt sound that expensive to me. I got a brand new Ford purge valve off ebay for about the same last year. But a new canister can run anywhere from $70-$120, usually.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Doesnt sound that expensive to me. I got a brand new Ford purge valve off ebay for about the same last year. But a new canister can run anywhere from $70-$120, usually.
Ya your right its not that bad of a price for either one in those links i posted. It just sucks to pay for some thing that i see so many MM members ripping off there car and tossing in the trash.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
Ya your right its not that bad of a price for either one in those links i posted. It just sucks to pay for some thing that i see so many MM members ripping off there car and tossing in the trash.
And it appears that's exactly what I did...I've got the bracket and the tubing...no canister. Sorry boss

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
And it appears that's exactly what I did...I've got the bracket and the tubing...no canister. Sorry boss
Is the solenoid gone to ?

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.