Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been cruising alot of threads trying to figure out where and what exactly Delete Plates would do... So far all I have been about to figure out is a gain of about 10 HP and I would need to get another tune... I would really like to know what needs to be removed in order to install these and about how long it would take.. I am not going to lie I do not even know were these fit in... I just need a walk through on these please...
Steeda Economy Charge Motion Delete Plates / 2005-2007 Mustang GT

Thanks guys,

Joe

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
I think they say 1-2 hours. I'm not positive though, I have yet to do it myself. The website should tell you an average length of time. I think it is a pretty straight forward install too.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
did you already buy them? I would recomend that you NOT get them. You dont need them yet. Dont get them until you either have some cams, or f/i or something where you really need the extra air. and then get the race delete plates. There is a better then good chance you will gain nothing with those things and you may loose some low end power.

Get under drive pulleys man, steedas for $190.00. garunteed gains, you will gain 7 to 10hp and you can feel the difference in the car.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
I did the install myself. Im pretty much a beginner/novice when it comes to actually doing my own work on my car. It was pretty dang easy and straight forward.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They seem mad cheap... Can I do Underdrive Pulleys myself??? Is it an easy install??? I think eventually I am going to do the Delete plates just because they are some cheap but for now I think UDPs is just something thats Garenteed....

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
They seem mad cheap... Can I do Underdrive Pulleys myself??? Is it an easy install??? I think eventually I am going to do the Delete plates just because they are some cheap but for now I think UDPs is just something thats Garenteed....
I did uds myself. yes they are an easy install. i used an air gun to get the crank bolt off. if you dont have one you can always rent a compressor and gun for 20 bucks. a lot of guys do it with a breaker bar.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did uds myself. yes they are an easy install. i used an air gun to get the crank bolt off. if you dont have one you can always rent a compressor and gun for 20 bucks. a lot of guys do it with a breaker bar.
How long did the Install take?

·
Registered
188 Posts
did you already buy them? I would recomend that you NOT get them. You dont need them yet. Dont get them until you either have some cams, or f/i or something where you really need the extra air. and then get the race delete plates. There is a better then good chance you will gain nothing with those things and you may loose some low end power.

Get under drive pulleys man, steedas for $190.00. garunteed gains, you will gain 7 to 10hp and you can feel the difference in the car.
Actually even with Headers you will notice an increase in power.
just with the CMDP I got an extra tenth in the 1/4 and 2 mph trap speed

You will not need a tune if you leave the control motor plugged in so the PCM can monitor it. My install took 2 hours, Use Google to search for "Taco Bill CMDP" Write ups with pictures..

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Pretty simple man. You will need a pulley puller, but you can get a loaner from most parts store at no charge. I love mine

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
How long did the Install take?
You can find a thread on this site with a link to a video of the install of the UDs. If you have all the tools i will take about an hour or less. I took of the fan off so i had room to work. its worth it it only takes like 10 minutes to take the fan off.

Actually even with Headers you will notice an increase in power.
just with the CMDP I got an extra tenth in the 1/4 and 2 mph trap speed

You will not need a tune if you leave the control motor plugged in so the PCM can monitor it.
he doesnt have headers. all he has is a cai and tune.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ha I will have headers, Prochamber and side pipes soon lol...
I will be giving out reps later thanks for all the info!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts