Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
2011 September ROTM
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Would a set of the cmdp be worth buying for a 2006 gt with a procharger. What kinda gain would i see since its procharged or am i wasting moneY?
Thanks
Tony

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Not sure of the gains, but I installed them when I was installing my Vortec. I didnt want to risk the boost breaking one of the butterflies on the factory plates. Plus I figured since I was getting a dyno tune, might as well have the deletes in there so I wouldnt have to re-tune later

·
Registered
337 Posts
for the 150 that cmdp's cost I would just buy them now and then wait till you have the $800+ that most intake mani's cost. then re-sell your cmdp's

that is of course assuming you don't have the $$$ right now to drop on an intake mani.

oh oh yeah, and if you get the JPC intake main it goes on top of your cmdp's anyway and is probobly the best mani for boost out there right now.

as far as cmpds alone go for now the gain will totally be worth it. opening up the intake tends to do more for boosted cars than for n'a cars. and on n/a cars cmdps have been proven for 15-20tq and 10-15hp at the wheels depending on your setup

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Econcomy. Steeda told me the only reason to spend the extra $ on the Billett would be if I was using the nitrous ports. They told me there was NO difference in power between the two.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
O Rly? I thought the Billets supposedly had better flow or something?

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Econcomy. Steeda told me the only reason to spend the extra $ on the Billett would be if I was using the nitrous ports. They told me there was NO difference in power between the two.
that's funny. i seem to remember someone giving me **** for suggesting they don't waste their money on the billets

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
If you look at both plates side by side, the Billets look almost port matched. Where as the economy plates are offset quite a bit.
Steeda told me that the eco plates match the intake ports and the billett plates are larger than the intake ports

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
as i've said multiple times. save your 150-300 bucks and make your stockers into port matched plates. all this for about ten bucks if you have a dremmel.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
sucks that my car (09+) have the cmp built into the manifolds

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Nasty, are you inffering that the delete plates caused the oil buildup on your valves? I don't ge the correlation two pictures in relation to this thread? :sorry
LOL, those aren't my pictures. Look closer though and you'll see a broken stock charge motion delete plate that ruined a motor.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Race plates work fine for me and woke the car up. But it is your car. JPC would not use the race plates if they were garbage. Just saying.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts