Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 mustang gt. When i bought the car the rear drivers side tire was all chopped up because it was scraping the fender over bumps. so i was like no big deal it will be shocks and springs at the most. Now $400 in the hole after buying new shocks and springs, the scraping rarely happens (thank god!) but it the tire clearance to the fender is about 2" less on the rear drivers then the rear passenger side.
What could this be?? Thanks for your help guys

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Jack the rear up and see if anything is rubbing on the control arms, such as your exhaust. I had one of my exhaust pipes rubbing against the uca once, and it shifted the car like 1/2" on one side because of it.

Just look and see if there's anything thats messed up underneath.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
:withhomo

Definitely check everything out in the control arms, especially the UCA bushings, and the alignment of the axle relative to the centerline of the car.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
make sure your springs are oriented the right direction. sounds like it could be something simpler than you think. good luck and post up what it is when you find it.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
If the car is lowered then the spring could have spun or popped out of its pocket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts