Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone on here is running this?View the Mustang T/X Extreme 8.8 Axle Brace at http://www.cheperformance.com

This summer i plan on making a lot more passes at the drag strip than previous years. I will be running a Mickey Thompson slick.

My rear suspension right now consists of...
Che Lower Control Arms........ Not on the car yet
Tokico Blue shocks
GT coil cut 1/2 coil
Plan on ordering upper control arms, and sub frame connectors.

Its not much but its a start, so im wondering if this would help me out in the 60 FT and just help put power to the ground?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Im pretty sure casper has it.. He made a thread about it awhile back.. Im looking at getting the same thing, and i remember him saying it was very solid stuff and great quality.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure casper has it.. He made a thread about it awhile back.. Im looking at getting the same thing, and i remember him saying it was very solid stuff and great quality.
The one he made a thread about is a little different, his is for revised lower control arms..... Im hoping he will pop his head in here.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
yea him or jazzer..

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I plan on running one eventually, just dont have the funds right now. It is a good thing to get. Unless you want to be like me and keep cracking welds on the axle tubes

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
so it's stronger but does it help you hook??

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yes me too. I am going to do ever suspension mod this summer...but rear c.o's to hook on concrete

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
so it's stronger but does it help you hook??
It keeps the axle tubes from flexing. holds them straight and gives them support. A must when running sticky tires

Reactions: GreyWarrior07

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I dont care if it drops my 60ft, I have bent axles as is and if this brace helps keep my rear from busting then its worth it. Depending on how much the rear actually flexes I bet the brace can help out quite a bit. Of course if you are on street tires with no suspension work all it will be is added weight.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
mmm..so you still run the usual uppers, lowers, and ARB?

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
It keeps the axle tubes from flexing. holds them straight and gives them support. A must when running sticky tires
i have this part of it

would you bother welding the tubes on my rear? im probably going to be making around 350rwhp on street tires.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
mmm..so you still run the usual uppers, lowers, and ARB?
Unlike caspers that has the relocated lowers, this one has nothing to do towards the suspension, it is mainly just an axle brake to keep the tubes from flexing

i have this part of it

would you bother welding the tubes on my rear? im probably going to be making around 350rwhp on street tires.
I will always suggest welding the tubes no matter what kind of brace is on it

Reactions: Goose!

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
Unlike caspers that has the relocated lowers, this one has nothing to do towards the suspension, it is mainly just an axle brake to keep the tubes from flexing

I will always suggest welding the tubes no matter what kind of brace is on it

I thought that was what you were going to say, my only issue is funds.

Does the rear have to be dis assembled for the welding?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
oh ok thanks man! I wont need that till a t-brake. Tried to rep ya but cant..ill get back to it later

1 - 20 of 21 Posts