Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running any CHE suspension pieces? Specifically uca, lcas, and panhard rod? If so how do they measure to steeda and bmr pieces?

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I have all those pieces, haven't put in the UCA yet because I'm a lazy [email protected]@. The parts work great, especially the LCAs. I also have the torque limiters w/K-member support. That is a really nice piece for various reasons -- Steeda has nothing like it and the nearest thing from BMR is the K-Member which is $500. Granted I'd like to go that route next year, so take it for what it's worth.

One thing I will caution you on though -- the parts are painted and rust is starting to peck through in various areas, especially around the welds. My car is a DD and the suspension parts have been through one Chicago-land winter. I don't think that's going to be a deal killer, even five or six years down the road. And if it is then, I'll replace and be fine.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No problems with mine so far... Well made and durable. If you get the uca without the bracket, do yourself a favor and order the Steeda spacers or you'll get a clunk over time. This is the case with any uca and the stock mount though...nothing about the CHE stuff. You'll need it with any of them using the stock mount. I particularly like the fact that with the Delrin sleeves, they don't need to be greased periodically like most of the other brands. I haven't touched mine since I installed them a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Anyone running any CHE suspension pieces? Specifically uca, lcas, and panhard rod? If so how do they measure to steeda and bmr pieces?
\

You know what I am going to say right ..... bravo mike romeo.

Sincerely though CHE relo brackets only have one hole to mount the LCA in if thats of concern to you, and its for sure a must weld.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Tango Hotel Echo Yankee Bravo Echo November Delta.....:D Lima Oscar Lima!!!
See, that's what I wanted to get from him... because the BMR ones could bend. But if either of you had ever actually held or used the CHE brackets, it's pretty obvious how they can't bend. ;)

While I'd rather have the BMR brackets due to the extra holes... the CHE ones are rock solid and engineered with box corners outside the bracket on both sides, the spindle and axle mounts would probably bend first....

And there was no way I was going to type that out in mil-speak. :D

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I dont see how you say bmr can bend but che cant? You could be right IDK i just dont see that.

But the other issue is not so much bending but just moving. The BMR brackets have braces, so they bolt in two places. The che if im not mistaken do not, they just have one bolt and no back support so couldnt they slip without bending? Where as the BMR's you would have to bend them to move them.

See, that's what I wanted to get from him... because the BMR ones could bend. But if either of you had ever actually held or used the CHE brackets, it's pretty obvious how they can't bend. ;)

While I'd rather have the BMR brackets due to the extra holes... the CHE ones are rock solid and engineered with box corners outside the bracket on both sides, the spindle and axle mounts would probably bend first....

And there was no way I was going to type that out in mil-speak. :D

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I dont see how you say bmr can bend but che cant? You could be right IDK i just dont see that.

But the other issue is not so much bending but just moving. The BMR brackets have braces, so they bolt in two places. The che if im not mistaken do not, they just have one bolt and no back support so couldnt they slip without bending? Where as the BMR's you would have to bend them to move them.

I emphasized the could, I doubt the BMR's would bend all by themselves. I doubt any of them would, it would have to be a pretty odd situation:

I've been over this before, and really don't see it as a problem, on the driver's side, the CHE bracket slips inside the boxed bracket that it mounts to and is absolutely not going to bend. The panhard bar bolt actually goes through the driver's side bracket. But I think the same is with BMR.

The only issues with either would be the passenger side, because the bracket isn't built up for mounting the panhard bar. On the CHE design though... it's built up in a box with an angled flap running along the right side:

It's not going to bend, and there are tabs that lock in where it mounts so it's not going to move either. Like I said, that picture at the top is pretty suspect, it shouldn't have moved like that to begin with. Moot point. But the CHE's brackets are indestructible. Also the sole bolt hole isn't as far down as the lowest BMR bolt hole... I should just ask someone to measure that distance and we can compare field notes. This is BS. :) :dunno

And since I've already tossed a lot of suspension pron up here, have a pic of the rust on the panhard bar:

Not too worried, the differential cover and over-axle exhaust pipes will probably rust through before the panahrd bar. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I bought the Steeda brackets for adjustability which the CHE didn't offer. Regardless of whether either of them might or might not bend, mine are getting welded. I'm installing them this weekend. :)

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Well its added support on the bmr arms that the CHE's dont have. If you say they are stronger then i beleive you. The bmr arms felt pretty heavy and solid to me and also have a lip or tab.

I know that my brackets were never welded, I have run them everywhere in a lot of conditions for a lot of miles. Had them on and off a lot of times which is the main reason im glad they were never welded. So i can only go by my experience with BMR. Products and service is litterally second to none in my book.

On the next redo of this stang BMR and Bilstein from day one.

I just need to get Dennis to make me a IRS for my car this winter and a SLA front setup. Custom. Total domination.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yeah the BMR's look pretty good and if I ever get this new job I'm on hold for (knock on fuggin' wood), I'll definitely be ordering a whole bunch from you Rich.
The CHE brackets have those tabs too.

Actually, Roush, if you get the chance, can you measure the distance between the three holes in the BMR piece? I'm curious what the differences are.

Rich, you should add "BMR brackets bend" to your sig too. ;-)

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Yeah the BMR's look pretty good and if I ever get this new job I'm on hold for (knock on fuggin' wood), I'll definitely be ordering a whole bunch from you Rich.
The CHE brackets have those tabs too.

Actually, Roush, if you get the chance, can you measure the distance between the three holes in the BMR piece? I'm curious what the differences are.

Rich, you should add "BMR brackets bend" to your sig too. ;-)
I have the Steeda adjustable brackets. I can measure them this evening if you'd like?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
We have had relocation brackets bend that were not welded. Thats the reason we recommend welding the brackets. The amount of torque that goes thru the lower control arms on the mustangs is tremendous. We have never had a set bend that have the small welds on the sides. Thanks for the kind words Rich:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts