Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 vert..all stock except 3.73 gears, steeda tri-ax short throw shifter, and flowmaster 40 series exhaust....whats some cheap easy mods I could do?

·
Registered
317 Posts
full long tube exhaust, no cats H or X pipe, belt mod & weight reduction.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
tint tails, shorten antenna, paint calipers

·
Registered
474 Posts
Longtubes with O/R X-pipe,since you have the LT's itll muffle the sound some so you want a lil bit of raspyness instead of all that deep noise,to me it has no tone.. Get explorer upper/lower intake with a 70MM TB and a CAI..your car should be running then

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
I have a 94 vert..all stock except 3.73 gears, steeda tri-ax short throw shifter, and flowmaster 40 series exhaust....whats some cheap easy mods I could do?
Advance timing to 12 or 14 degrees
Remove air silencer & MAF mesh screen
Port the MAF sensor housing
Remove smog pump assembly
Replace stock crank pulley with ASP underdrive pulley
Short belt AC/smog pump bypass (you'll need a 79" belt with ASP crank pulley)
Weight reduction (start with 25lb passenger side fenderwell weight and 10lb dogbone weight under rear axle)

and when you've got some real money:

Long tube headers/offroad H-pipe
Full length subframe connectors

·
Registered
6 Posts
go to a junk yard and find a 96-01 Explorer with the 5.0 and pickup its intake maniful (uppoer/lower) and if you still have cash, take the heads too.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
what do they usually run at a salvage yard? and is it a noticable difference?

http://carbondale.craigslist.org/pts/2316903511.html

whats the difference between the 65mm and 70mm..obviously the 70mm is bigger, but is that an alright price for that stuff? He told me he would take 125 for it, hes an hour and a half away, said he would meet me at a place about 30 mins from where I live

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I bought the throttlebody and the intake. I am waiting for my car to cool down..what kind of gains do you think that I will see?

·
Registered
816 Posts
i have read that for the upper and lower explorer intake you will see around 15-20 rwhp and around 20 to 25 paired up with a good throttle body, so its a nice little gain, i am thinking about getting this done this summer too while i am out of college

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Guys, i ran into a problem installing this...the throttle body that I got was for a fox body...so this polished throttle body will not work with my car because the plugs are different, and my car has 3 throttle cables, this one only has 1....is there a way to make this throttle body work, or am I going to have to get an explorer throttle body and swap something off of my stock one or what?

EDIT: after doing some more in depth searching..my stock throttle body from my mustang will fit on the explorer intake..the fox body one that I have will NOT fit my car...I also need to get a throttle body ELBOW to get any throttle body to bolt up to my car..hopefully this clears up something for someone else..now currently I have a polished 65mm throttle body for a foxbody that I will sell or trade for a 65 or 70mm throttle body for my car

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
i have read that for the upper and lower explorer intake you will see around 15-20 rwhp and around 20 to 25 paired up with a good throttle body
That's very optimistic. More like a 7whp gain from the GT40 upper/lower intake alone, and 25rwhp total if you also add GT40 heads.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hmm I didn't think it was that little..they flow just as good as the cobra intake and I don't see the cobra intake adding only 7 whp, any articles to back up your claim?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
really needing to know if my stock throttle body will fit with the adapter or if i have to use an aftermarket throttle body?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Holy SH*%, 10 hp for underdrive pulleys, looks like i will be looking for a set of those..interesting article though, i was really expecting more for an upper and lower swap

1 - 20 of 21 Posts