Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F.Y.I. Lowe's now sells transponder ignition keys for Mustangs. They are also able to program it as long as you have 1 working key. My two local ford dealers wanted $145 for the key I bought mine at Lowe's for $75. It's still high but 1/2 what the dealers want.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
Sorry guys I was talking about the remotes my bad.

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Hey bud your also in my neck of the woods in Kingsport.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I need to get a spare set of both. I only have one key and one remote.
between his technique and mine you could get them both done for 85$.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
If you already have 2 keys you can program a third for free on your own via a very easy method. You should only be paying to have one programmed if you have only 1 key. Programming remotes/fobs is extremely easy. I definitely wouldn't pay anyone to do that.

As far as programming the key, I have two dealers local to me. One will program for $100 if i provide the key and the other for $50 if i provide the key. The $50 seems to be the cheapest I've found because most locksmiths are asking $100+ to program the key also. Odering a blank($5-15) and having it cut ($1-2) is pretty cheap, but everyone who programs keys wants to charge a solid $40-50 for providing a cut blank also.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Two friends work at a ford dealer, one them got me the key for $15, and the other charged me $35 to program.
real friends would of programmed them for free, lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts