Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys so I'm just kinda like.. **** THE BULLSHIT!

I've been slacking for too long and I'm NOW ready to buy my K member kit for the front end of the car...

Now.. I believe and correct me if I'm wrong that the on3 kit was built around the Qa1 k member however I know most people usually go with UPR...

However.... All I know is that I'm ready to pull the trigger on the front suspension components so that I can go ahead and get that portion of the build done and over with so that I can hurry up and move onto the supporting fuel mods!!!

-maf
-fuel injectors
-fuel pump (or pumps lol)

Of course I will still need a good tune as well... and I plan on buying a electronic boost controller as well so that I can control the boost a bit better than a spring that could potentially spike and put out more boost levels than I want the stock block to take but ya... we'll worry about that later.

I just want to get this thing done and over with!!

Rep's to any/all responses including a good source for a full kit!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I want to go turbo, especially when I see his numbers on 9psi..^^ I shoulda done that instead on the centri

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I feel like the install is difficult tho and would bring many issues for a DD

·
Registered
128 Posts
I want to go turbo, especially when I see his numbers on 9psi..^^ I shoulda done that instead on the centri

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 AM ----------

I feel like the install is difficult tho and would bring many issues for a DD
Not at all, I thought the same before I started but the install of the k member and turbo kit is actually very straightforward.

To the OP, just get the upr k member directly from them

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's whats up!

Ok so I'm wanting to buy this k member kit... real quick though... What spring rates should I be looking into???

12-250

or...

12-350

or...

14-130
14-150
14-175

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Glad to see you're going to finish it.

You want UPR not QA1. I went thru LMR when I got mine. The one you linked from UPR is the same so I'd go with where ever you can get the biggest discount. :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Had to dig to page 5 to find this thread.

Black, Time to get rockin'. :bash: Here's a little teaser for ya. :)

1st - 3rd pull

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Call this guy. Sold me one for 675 shipped.

919-593-8424

Same guy I told you to call like a year ago when you bought the on3 kit to begin with
What's his name? is he associated with a company or something?

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Had to dig to page 5 to find this thread.

Black, Time to get rockin'. :bash: Here's a little teaser for ya. :)

1st - 3rd pull

1st 3rd - YouTube
SIck video!

I'm getting ready to buy the k member kit now... Going to go with the UPR but want to find the best deal possible before I click the purchase button... :)

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
You'll see. Just got to finish your project. :thumb:

You're lucky enough to get to drive your car year round. Mine will be going up for the winter in a few weeks. Already getting temps down into the 30's at night here. :facepalm:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

You're lucky enough to get to drive your car year round. Mine will be going up for the winter in a few weeks. Already getting temps down into the 30's at night here. :facepalm:
Hell ya! uh... I think it was in the low 70's last night... with low humidity it felt like atleast...

But ya the car runs great in this weather... can't wait for winter's 50-60 degree days! lol :)

Can't wait to drive the car in the cool weather this winter boosted!

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts

Just curious why you didn't hit higher numbers with your ON3 system? Was it fuel? You have a built shortblock and heads. I made 489 on stock heads and cams with a KB 15psi. I am building on ON3 kit now and was hoping to make more than I made with the KB.

---------- Post added at 11:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

** Also from what I heard a boost controller will potentially give you more chance of boost spike than going with the closest spring to the boost you want and using the boost controller to get the couple PSI you need. someone correct me if I am wrong.

** Get the UPR. This is what I have. Fit great. I haven't put the kit on yet though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts