Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been on a long debate on how to build my car and im pretty sure im about done with power mods. originaly i was going to build a big return fuel system and go all out with a real high hp car but now that i have been driving my car more and more i decided a mid powered car that is streetable is all i want. im happy with my hp level im at now but my pumps are just about tapped out and i want to go with a little larger pumps to lower my 100% duty cycle. i figure 2 svt pumps with a 40 amp bap would support plenty. i already have 1 pump sitting around from my old stang and a modified fpdm. any help would help me out big time

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Go with twin fpdm's and get rid of the bap was nothing but problems on my cobra....and just go with twin focus or gt pumps...i have a focus pump out of my gt I will sell u for 50 bucks if u want it...only has like 2k miles on it

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Yep gonna do it tonite man....works been killing me...if u txt me like I told u snd remind me u,would,have it already:p

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man been swamped at work. the twin cobra pumps with a bap are screaming for help. they just hit 100% duty cycle at 6500 rpm's. twin svt pumps with a bap will hold down plenty for me. as it goes for the tuning of the modified fpdm, it is a little bit of a chore but my tuner deals with them alot so he just has to do a lot of work in the fuel pump voltage tables to smooth the af out. modified fpdm's like to dip way rich as rpm's go up. any ways slow ill let you know about the pump in a min

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Yep gonna do it tonite man....works been killing me...if u txt me like I told u snd remind me u,would,have it already:p
Yeah I hear ya...****in work is killing me too.

...and one of my DD's wheel bearings just went this week. :mad:

Unrelated, but still pisses me off. And takes up time that should be spent on my motor. I'll shoot you a text today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Stal, I have a new, never installed, fuel pump that is the same as the SVT Focus, it has the part numbers for the Jaquar. I was going to install it until I found out I had the twin pump setup already installed by a previous owner of the car.

It's just sitting around in my garage, I'll let you have it for $20 to cover the shipping.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
anything under 100 is a good deal, I paid $130 for the motorcraft pump+sump combo off ebay.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
The svt pump is a overrated pump it's rating comes a 40 psi instead of 60 psi like the GT Cobra and Aviator pumps. It actually has an internal bypass around 60 psi. Me and trick tuners have had discussions on here.

I would go with the GT's a little bit of wire modifications but worth it.

I run 2, 275lph @ 60 psi Aviators and a 40 amp Bap. At 665 I was only at 80% FPDC. I use to run one in my gt tank and sold it before I went to a cobra setup. It was before the GT pumps came out. Last year when one of my Cobras was getting weak I found 2 used Aviators for 60 and were only used on the dyno. The Aviators are 180 new for each so the GT pumps are the better value. But I got mine cheap there's less wire mods needed and they're all metal even the nozzle. They're built to be very durable.

You're still using the stockers at 630hp? I'm surprised. Think the modded FPDM and twin Focus's with a BAP will be plenty?

I think I'm leaning toward dual FPDM/dual GT's personally though.
I think a single modifided FPDM would work fine for him. I have a stage 1 and a simple wire upgrade and I have lots of room left.

Go with twin fpdm's and get rid of the bap was nothing but problems on my cobra....and just go with twin focus or gt pumps...i have a focus pump out of my gt I will sell u for 50 bucks if u want it...only has like 2k miles on it
Were you running your BAP pre or post FPDM? Did you use the the Hobbs/boost switch? I have now problems at all with my BAP. But there are a few tricks that help.

·
Registered
134 Posts
What plumbing changes are required for the dual pump set-up? I assume its just a Tee added in the tank? I have read that a single Fpdm will be fine for a dual pump set-up, what are the thoughts on this? Sorry for all of the questions but I want to do this correctly the first time. Thanks

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
What plumbing changes are required for the dual pump set-up? I assume its just a Tee added in the tank? I have read that a single Fpdm will be fine for a dual pump set-up, what are the thoughts on this? Sorry for all of the questions but I want to do this correctly the first time. Thanks
We're using 03 cobra tanks and fuel hats that hold 2 pumps. You can modify a GT tank 2 except a 03 cobra fuel hat but there's no baffles in the gt tank. So the pumps can be starved for fuel if the tank is low and fuel is moved away from the pumps.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So I guess my best set-up is going to be svt, gt or aviator pump with a BAP.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
So I guess my best set-up is going to be svt, gt or aviator pump with a BAP.
A GT (Super car) pump bap and modified FPDM (fuel pump driver module). A stock FPDM might go into thermal shut down with the load of a GT pump and bap. Plus you would have drill holes in the mustang gt basket that holds the fuel pump or you'll starve that fuel pump.

Once you start making more than 500 rwhp it really pays to either go with a cobra setup or a return style fuel set up. Both are not cheap.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Say if I was to buy the fore fuel hat that holds twin focus pump in a gt tank ,and a bap how much will that last me.?HP wise

1 - 20 of 26 Posts