Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
-- Logan --
2,202 Posts
350hp NA isnt going to be "cheap", however it is doable. And having a non-pi engine might even make it a little easier if you get PI heads because it'll bump up the compression a little.
I blew my engine and i will highly recommend that you get forged aftermarket rotating essembly because i did OEM and it ended up being just about the same price for a lot less capabilities.

PI heads with stage 1 or 2 port (TFS heads are better but are a lot more expensive)
Stage 2 cams (i'm going with CMS) ------ usually the same price as any stage 1 cams so why not
TB (70mm is big enough for NA)/ Plenum/ CAI
Long Tubes/ OR mid-pipe or high flow depending on state laws/ Catback

255lph or 310lph fuel pump
39# or 42# injectors

Otherwise you might look into a 5.4 (4v) Lincoln navigator engine. Thats my new plan to build on the side. Much higher potential.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
so instead of switching to 99-04 heads i should just use the stock heads? ive heard i can get higher compression by switching heads but if i can get the same results by porting and switching gaskets then i see how that could be a better idea. or would it be possible to get 99-04 heads and port them and use a diff gasket to get even higher gains?
I've got everything you need for a pi swap. On me if interested

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 25 of 25 Posts