Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while back my check engine light came on and I ran the codes. It said an oxygen sensor in bank 2 was bad. I replaced the sensor and it came back on. Now it's saying still that bank 2 is running lean. 4 codes came up but the only one I can remember off the top of my head is P0156 Oxygen Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 2). Does this mean I need to replace the sensor? I'm pretty sure I have an exhaust leak and am going to have it checked out soon so I can figure if there really is one and where it is.

Also, every now and then when I start my car it doesn't idle right. It will just between 250 and 800rpms, sometimes it just dies. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had the same code. Had an exhaust leak in the manifold...

The shop also told me the code could've been the following
-fuel pump
-fuel filter

Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got that code whenever I got my exhaust. If you just got an exhaust you will need to get MIL Eliminators from AM.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright Thanks. I replaced my fuel filter a few days ago and had reset the codes. That's when it came back on. I'll check for an exhaust leak. Is there an easy way to tell if the fuel pump is bad?

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
try cleaning your IAC sensor. your idle wouldnt be doing that if it was only an exhaust leak.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts