Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to jacking with the MAF cuz I got a C&L CAI that I'm gonna swap with the FRPP one that I have. Long story short, I'm missing a bolt and so I couldn't do the swap.... Put it all back exactly the same and now the effin' check engine light is on.

I don't have a flash tuner yet. Is there a way to get the light to go off? There is no reason to shell out cash at the ford house when I know there's nothing wrong with my car.

Help me out.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Made in U.S.A.
22,435 Posts
Did you make sure the MAF sensor is in the right direction? .. or even that you plugged it back in?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Autozone,O'Reillys, Advance auto can turn off the light for you.
I'm not sure that they can clear the light for you, but they can tell you what the code is. At least here in NV they're not allowed to clear the light. That's what I was told when I had to go check my wife's CEL in her car. Also, how were you planning on swapping the CAI without a tune? Is it the same size as the FRPP one?

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I'm not sure that they can clear the light for you, but they can tell you what the code is. At least here in NV they're not allowed to clear the light. That's what I was told when I had to go check my wife's CEL in her car. Also, how were you planning on swapping the CAI without a tune? Is it the same size as the FRPP one?
Not sure in Texas, but I know for a fact they can in Louisiana.

But like you mentioned, he will still need a tune for the C&L CAI.

·
3v reppin'
3,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The FRPP CAI is the one that doesn't require a tune and the C&L is the one that doesn't require a tune. I'm still gonna get a tune. As soon as the parts I've got listed sell, I'm using that money to get a SCT.

And, yeah, I checked that the MAF is going the right direction and it's plugged in. I did almost forget to plug it in though.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
In an auto parts store they are not "supposed" to clear them. Unless you have a cool dude that don't really give a F. But, I was under the impression pretty much any CAI would throw a code. Just for sh*ts and giggs I turned mine back to stock with my JLT 110mm and the car ran like crap and threw on every code in the book.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts