Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car keeps throwing codes for the bank two sensor 1. I have o2 deletes in because i have no cats. It is throwing a too lean, failure, and a no 02 sensor code. What could this be? Thanks

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Have you checked the deletes? I had this problem with my wife's car after some suspension work. The wires had slipped down onto the exhaust and got burnt.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wires looked good.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
sensor one is the first set of o2 sensors. play around with the wiring and maybe clean out the contacts for the front o2s. but with that many codes i suspect you might need a new o2 sensor.

·
Sex Panther, by Odeon
633 Posts
Check the condition of your front/up stream o2 sensors. Your car is over 13 years old, might be time to replace.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What side is bank 2?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so you guys think i should wiggle and clean the connections, then if that doesnt work replace the o2?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Just replace both front ones and be done with it. You can get borg warner brand off ebay. 2 of them are less $$$ than going to parts store for just one.
I had code for my drivers side one as well. Replaced it. Then day later got code for passengers side one. Ended up replacing both from sensors with the borgwarners from ebay. That was 6 monthes ago and no problems since. I also do not have cats and have the elimnators on the rear sensors.
This will fix you up.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
283 Posts
SN95. How do you like the 3.73 gears?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts