Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just installed my cold air intake on my 98GT and there where 2 wires on the stock intake. one was for the mass airflow sensor and idk what the other one was ( nothing to plug into on new intake ). after the install the car runs fine and everything but my check engine light is on... how can i fix this??? thanks any help is appreciated

·
Registered
156 Posts
the MAF plug and an air temp sensor are your 2 plugs that need to be connected. the sensor is near the passenger side strut tower, you need to remove that and stick it in one of the holes in the new intake. there is also a rubber grommet that goes in the hole and just push the sensor into it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the air intake sensor looks like a plug not something that should go inside the intake... its the american muscle intake if it helps...

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
did you take the old one out of the old intake?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fixed it lol. i didnt take the temp sensor out of the stock intake lol :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
fixed it lol. i didnt take the temp sensor out of the stock intake lol :D
:confused: I ran into this same problem though I took the temp sensor out of the stock intake plugged it into the new one, where did you place it after; did you just let it hang or put it in a hole? I could've installed it wrong too, I'm still learning. Ugh

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
That sensor should plug into a hole on "passenger" side of the inake. I remember it being a pain in the butt, you have to really work to get it in their but it will eventually go. Once you have the actual sensor in the hole, hook the connector back to it and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
That sensor should plug into a hole on "passenger" side of the inake. I remember it being a pain in the butt, you have to really work to get it in their but it will eventually go. Once you have the actual sensor in the hole, hook the connector back to it and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
140 Posts
when you converted to a new CAI you gotta check your wiring... check your Mass airflow sensor, then if you sure thats ok, then check your o2 sensors. or better yet just go to a shop and ask for them to read your cars engine light code. I can usually get mine read for free at a local body shop. hope it goes well for ya!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts