Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was driving and my car started to do some weird things. i had a thread last week about it. but the engine light came on. i got it checked and two codes came up. 301 and 308. 301 is that cylinder 1 misfires during the first 1000 rpms. and the other code has to do with my cylinder sensors... what should i do. I was thinkin about changing the spark plugs and wires...

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
misfire is noramally plugs and wires, and it can throw other codes as well

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
check the plugs first before u go changin the wires.
if you change plugs just go ahead and change the wires, its just a good thing to do

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
but not necessary. Yeah its a good idea to change one and do the other but a 10-20 dollar fix compared to a 90-100 dollar fix/upgrade isnt always ideal. Plus upgraded wires wont have any benefit unless he upgrades the coil pack, so theres more money. So you went from potentially bad plugs which costs less than 20 bucks to fix to now a near 200 bucks to upgrade.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
but not necessary. Yeah its a good idea to change one and do the other but a 10-20 dollar fix compared to a 90-100 dollar fix/upgrade isnt always ideal. Plus upgraded wires wont have any benefit unless he upgrades the coil pack, so theres more money. So you went from potentially bad plugs which costs less than 20 bucks to fix to now a near 200 bucks to upgrade.
who said anything about upgrading? just replace with stock, 30 bucks for new plugs and wires. but he needs to replace both at the smae time it is just proper procedure

·
Registered
39 Posts
i agree with green. thats on your 02 mustang?thats 6 year old car,if you havent done anything to the plugs and wires i do them as a set.with all the heat the wires get brittle and if they rub against something theyre pron to arck,is going to be a pain in the butt if you start to change the plugs and a plug wire come apart, and you dont have tha wires then you will be stock.good luck :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts