Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 mustang and it is overheating...i had to put 2 qrts of oil...when i start it i shakes a lot but then it goes away once it is on for a while. the check engine light is on... i do not know what it is. can it be the thermostat?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,425 Posts
Do you have any external oil leaks? If not, your engine may be burning oil either because of worn valve stem oil seals, worn valve guides, or worn piston rings. Pull the plugs and see if they're fouled up with oil.
A thermostat that's stuck closed will cause the engine to overheat very quickly about 2-3 minutes after a cold start. When does your engine overheat and how hot does it run?

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
if you can get it to an autozone, they will check your computer for codes and tell you what the problem is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
autozone cant check 94-95 mustangs their scanner just says error i tried to get my car scanned after i did my cam and the scanner wouldn't pick it up......doesn't read OBDI it just said error

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
oh that sucks. sorry, i don't know what to tell you then bro besides listen to Bullitt95. he knows his ****.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts