Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the exhaust put on with no cats and i end up buying the mils from LMR
put them on and light still on. whent to autozone to get it cleared and i reset the battery after hour or two come back saying O2 sencor bank 1 and 2
do i need to let the battery stay disconected longer and if so how long also do i still have to have the O2 in the pipe somewhere? if so that means i have to have muffler shop fabricate me opening that will fit the o2 in it ...

im tottaly confused on whats goin on

·
Registered
730 Posts
i got the exhaust put on with no cats and i end up buying the mils from LMR
put them on and light still on. whent to autozone to get it cleared and i reset the battery after hour or two come back saying O2 sencor bank 1 and 2
do i need to let the battery stay disconected longer and if so how long also do i still have to have the O2 in the pipe somewhere? if so that means i have to have muffler shop fabricate me opening that will fit the o2 in it ...

im tottaly confused on whats goin on
your not alone.... i need to know the same thing

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was lookign around and i notice that the O2 still need to be pluged in the pipe but with the mils inline. cuz i just have them tuck under the car but they r pluged in but not in to the pipe.... anyone can vertify this for me ???

·
Registered
398 Posts
copyed from another stang site.

"I've installed PEP's MIL Eliminators on my car and they don't work. What gives?

Before we can give an educated answer, we need to know what DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) the Car is triggering. Either borrow a code scanner and have the codes pulled, or go to a shop that can scan and pull the DTC's for you. Email the actual code numbers to us, and we'll assist you in troubleshooting the install.

We ask this for a couple of reasons:

There are 100's of variables that could trigger your "check engine" or "service engine soon" light when running an offroad H or X pipe, or gutted stock cats. Let's break down some of the possible installation errors that will cause the MIL Eliminators not to properly keep your "check engine" or "SES" light off after the MIL Eliminators are installed.

Damaged Rear O2 sensor - MIL Eliminators need a healthy O2 sensor signal to work properly.
Incorrect Wiring in of the MIL Eliminator(s).
Rear O2 sensor(s) not properly torqued to spec. in exhaust pipe.
Rear O2 sensor connector not properly plugged in to wiring harness.
Exhaust Leak at the front flange between exhaust manifold or header and offroad pipe.
Front O2 sensor(s) damaged during swap from stock catted exhaust pipe to offroad pipe.
Front O2 sensor(s) not properly torqued to spec. in exhaust pipe.
Front O2 sensor connector not properly plugged into wiring harness.
Was the battery unhooked to reset the PCM (Powertrain Control Module or Computer) before the installation began?
As the installer can see, we have to narrow down the above variables and pinpoint the specific issue before a judgement can be made on whether or not the MIL Eliminators are truly faulty and need to be warrantied. This is precisely why we ask each customer with issues to scan or have scanned the trouble codes before we can make an educated decision on whether or not to warranty the product. 99.99 percent of MIL Eliminator install concerns are due to other variables besides the MIL Eliminators themselves, so pull the codes and write down the actual code numbers before emailing or contacting us for assistance or warranty.

Without the DTC's, we can't be of much help, and won't warranty the product unless we know for sure the MIL Eliminators are at fault. The DTC's will help us make that educated decision. Pull the codes and help us help you."

what code is coming up? make sure to check all connections to ensure a proper connection.

also i have heard of faulty eliminators. i have a pair sitting in the toolbox i can sale u :D

·
Registered
928 Posts
yes of course they still need to be in the bungs

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh they still need to be hooked in the pipe maybe thats why i got the check engine light its reading outside air

1 - 7 of 7 Posts