Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in February, I bought a locking gas cap. Ran a system check, and everything was hunky-dory. Day before yesterday, I started getting a "Check Fuel Cap" error. Pulled the cap, checked the seal, replaced the cap, ran a system check, & got the same error again. Repeated about five times. I replaced the factory cap, and same thing. Did a little googling, and tried a reset. Disconnected the battery for about 20-30 minutes, drove it around for a few miles, and the error magically disappeared. So far, so good. I'd read about some kinda thingamajig behind the L/B wheel or a vacuum leak somewhere that might also cause such an error. But it seems the reset did the trick.

Only weird thing is, I had to reset my clock, but my radio station presets remained set. :confused: (Shaker 500 if it matters)

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. Gas cap wasnt completely tight when i started the vehicle. Double checked it, then reset and the problem hasnt come back.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
:confused:

I have a locking gas cap and no problems. But then again, I am pretty good at putting the cap on. I understand how it can be hard for some people though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts