Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres my 1997 cougar xr7 sport..sofar it has a dyno tune, ported typhoon manifold, 75mm throttlebody and plenum, custom intake setup, 2.5 X exhaust with noname mufflers and no cats or rear o2 sensors, PI cams, 170 degree themostat,performance steering and suspension, msd coilpacks and im hoping to get around to installing the 410's and slotted rotors...heres what she has so far, enjoy..( i do)

·
Endangered Species
864 Posts
shut up shark LOL...but with these motors why take it any further? no power beyond that..
If you're PI....there's more power to be had up top.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
should have bought my nitrous lol

·
WOT Junkie
1,163 Posts
you tachs redline is at 5200. I lol'd

You really need a tune and to rev it out a little jesus
Gotta love Ford's craptastic torque converter choice for the MN-12 chassis. They start to balloon at 5400 RPM, thus the 5400 RPM rev limiter. The NPI set up just burns fuel and makes noise above 4500 RPM. PI intake manifold takes care of that though..as I'm getting ready to find out. :D

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
^ cmon no fair...im on stock npi heads,stock bottom end, stock auto trans, and no power adder or squirt..
Put together a used supercharger kit and then you'll have a real sleeper there that will be able to surprise more than a few folks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts