Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my check oil light cam on in my 91 5.0 i checked the oil and it seams fine what else could this mean?

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Did it come on and go off again?

It could mean that you were either starving the pick-up tube via cornering or acceleration, or that maybe the pick-up tube gasket is blocking the oil flow, or maybe that the pickup tube itself is busted.

Are you getting any valvetrain noise? clak-clak-clak-clak-clak-clak that matches rpm?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nahh no other noise i went out now and drove it and got on it for alil bit and it hasent come back on

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
nahh no other noise i went out now and drove it and got on it for alil bit and it hasent come back on
Probably shouldn't drive it and damn sure shouldn't "get on it" until your almost certain it was just a false alarm.....which almost never happens.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Did it come on and go off again?

It could mean that you were either starving the pick-up tube via cornering or acceleration, or that maybe the pick-up tube gasket is blocking the oil flow, or maybe that the pickup tube itself is busted.

Are you getting any valvetrain noise? clak-clak-clak-clak-clak-clak that matches rpm?
if it was his pick up tube wouldn't his oil pressure gauge show 0 pressure our really low

or does it show oil pressure

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Im pretty sure the check oil light is just a level switch in the oil pan to tell you the oil is low. If you checked the oil and it is good your switch may be going bad.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
mine came on a few times in my fox too, and i drove the piss out of it. I just thought it meant it was time to masterbate

·
Registered
338 Posts
the light is controlled by the oil level switch on the side of the pan.light comes on 1 quart low.or if 1/2 quart low and you park on a good hill.or the switch is faulty.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
the light is controlled by the oil level switch on the side of the pan.light comes on 1 quart low.or if 1/2 quart low and you park on a good hill.or the switch is faulty.
and the thing that suck is that if your sensor is faulty the sensor is connected to the whole o2 sensor wiring harnest.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts