Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't see a thing at night through my blacked out tails, even with 11W high power LED's, so I did some searching for ideas, and for under $50, I've got myself one hell of a cool setup!
Black Case DC 12V Waterproof LED Flood Light Lamp Convex Lens 10W | eBay I bought 2 of those for the project.
I wired up a relay that turns on with my reverse lights as the remote turn on, then draws direct power from the battery to power both these lights, and my rear view camera, and here is the result.

My only problem was the rear bumper being a pain in the ass to drill into, otherwise it's a very easy install/upgrade.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats pretty cool. i did 68 led bulbs and man it made a difference
Yeah i weighed my options...I do a ton of work with LED strips and considered some big long strips to get this job done (still considering adding them as courtesy/reverse lights but I don't wanna end up looking like a UFO landing lol), but I just wanted to try these because they seemed easy and I like the focused look. The average joe may even take a minute to wonder how my reverse lights shine on the ground like that lol

·
DEC '12 ROTM CO-Winner
5,081 Posts
That's really bright! I should do this as seeing out of my rear window at night is difficult with the tint.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I'd rather just not back up.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
at first i thought all that light was coming from some kind of super led in the tail light

:lol

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
at first i thought all that light was coming from some kind of super led in the tail light

:lol
haha i did too! i was thinking thats one powerful ass bulb in that thing :eek:

·
BTM AutoSport
2,710 Posts

·
Spray Me
225 Posts
once I retrofit an hid h3 bulb in to a four wheeler headlight, thought about doing hid's in the reverse lights but decided it was too much, maybe in my pickup

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
once I retrofit an hid h3 bulb in to a four wheeler headlight, thought about doing hid's in the reverse lights but decided it was too much, maybe in my pickup
Lens is too small, it'll burn lol I wanted to do that already. I wish you the best and will copy it if it works though haha.
Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! If anyone's interested I'd be more than happy to put kits together for people. All that would be required would be to drill the mounting brackets into the bumper, and the rest would be as simple as wiring up an HID kit. This is really only useful for people with blackouts though, unless you really want a ton of output on top of your stock setup that already has high powered led's lol. Let me know!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I hate not being able to see. Good idea!

·
super serious
6,254 Posts

·
OldandFurious
692 Posts
Great idea! Like others it is most difficult backing up. Can't see thru rear window that is tinted. My dang mirror is darkend by some kind of "Ford Voodoo Magic". At 1st I thought you modded out the original back up lights.
Give us all some great idea's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts